Light-O-Rama Forums

CC Pixels and Madrix

darrenv

I've been playing with the CC ribbons, bulbs and pixels. All work as promised when being driven by S3. However, I have been playing with driving the LOR RGB products using Madrix and skipping the LOR timeline altogether. Seems to work fine with the bulbs, and the ribbons. But the pixels are giving me fits. I thought it was the controller I was testing so I swapped it out after sharing my woes with Dan. But after testing this evening with the new unit, I am getting the same result.

The pixels work fine when being controller by S3. But I don't intend to use them with S3. My setup is Madrix over e1.31 to an ECG-DR4. I have been using these LOR/DMX adaptors : http://www.seasonale...mx-adapter.html then out over cat5 to the flood/ribbon/bulb/Pixel controllers.

The result is that the pixels flicker - almost strobe-like, and the colors are all over the place. Some pixels look like they are dead or have a dead color ie a dead green in a pixel. Very odd behavior.

Here is a video clip of what I'm talking about: https://vimeo.com/48897844. This video clip is a relatively well behaved test using the built in plasma effect in Madrix, it's usually much worse. You can see when I pull the intensity back, the flickering goes away. This sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Very sporadic. This doesn't happen with the floods, bulbs or ribbons, only the pixels.

This setup works great with the floods, strips and bulbs. But I cannot for the life of me figure out why the pixels don't want to behave.

Now with the floods I have an entirely different problem that I think is likely just a setup/settings problem in Madrix. I want to setup the floods so that they act as a 2x1 pixel grid (2 flood heads) so that I can run something like the plasma effect and the floods creating a color changing wash. But I can't seem to get the settings correct.

Lastly - using the DMX console in Madrix, all the RGB products including the pixels and floods behave as expected. They can be controlled from the test console fine. Even with the pixels at max intensity, they behave as expected when testing in the console.

Has anyone else been successful in driving the CC pixels with Madrix?