Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Sale?

Guest guest

Brad Caudill wrote:

That gives you enough time to recover from your day after Christmas spending.

christmas.jpg

:]:waycool::]:waycool::]:waycool::]:waycool::]:waycool::]

$390... it's just going to be a 32 channel display.

:shock:holly mother of pearl!!!!!!

and here i thought the 65$ i spent at target today was bad! although pre christmas spending was crazy if you count my lor box and all the things you need to go with it(as per your pic!) thats awsome!!!!

A renewed Christmas enthusiast here. I went after Christmas shopping and was able to obtain 135 sets of 100 lights for .97 each. Next year will be my first year to decorate since 1991. I plan on much bigger and better. A sure step up from Commodore 64 to LOR.

batmanskier wrote:

Dan:

How does the humidifier fit into your show???:laughing:

Yup, I should have covered that up with the star. That is a box that just happened to be where I stacked up all the christmas stuff I purchased.

But hey, a "super humidifier" (i.e. Fog Machine) might be a nice touch...

Just remember that regular LOR controllers are for incandescent lights only. The humidifier will have a motor. You'll also need to watch out for condensation. Whenever I use a humidifier in my display I notice an annoying vapor mist. Also be sure to cover your mega trees with aluminum foil to keep the aliens from eating the bulbs.:devil:

Talking about humidity, I know many of you seal up your Controllers in boxes like RiteTime from Home Depot, but here is my question, if you seal them up, how does the heat vent out of the box? Even with a heat sink, I would think the controllers would cause the box to get hot. Should'nt the boxes be vented somehow?

batmanskier wrote:

Talking about humidity, I know many of you seal up your Controllers in boxes like RiteTime from Home Depot, but here is my question, if you seal them up, how does the heat vent out of the box? Even with a heat sink, I would think the controllers would cause the box to get hot. Should'nt the boxes be vented somehow?

If you are getting extremely hot temps up there, then yes you need a way for the heat to escape, however the real issue is condensation not heat. These cards are running every night here in South Texas where it has been close or at 80 for the last week with no issues. You shouldn't completely seal up a box (IMHO) to allow some air flow.

A question about the LOR's controling the incandescent lights only. What about the small motors on those deers that move their heads? Are you say something bad will happen to them if you use them to run a small 1/25th hp motor? Kind of had plans for using one of them to control something in a show next year, would that be a bad idea?

All that came to about $315, I am ordering a fm transmitter, and then I will be saving till april. I hope the ctb 16d this year are on sale again for only 160, ill pic up 4 or 5 of them hopefully.