Light-O-Rama Forums

Shipping Costs!

mmkooiman67

Hello All,

Just got my email confirmation that my order from the sale shipped. I have ordered many times from them and they have the best product out there. The problem I have is I ordered one CTB16PC-KIT and one dongle and the shipping was $24 to California. Is it just me or is that a rediculous amount for shipping for such a small package? I would hate think that they have a sale but make the $ back on shipping. Just saying!

LOR doesn't make money on shipping. They even lower your total if the store over calculates the shipping charges. If the shipping charges are higher, then they don't charge you for them.

I'm sure LOR gets a pretty good discount from UPS since they ship a lot. I know my shipping costs are higher than what LOR charges (and no, I'm not making money on shipping either.)

Sorry Don,

Don't mean to offend but that just seemed like an aweful lot for the small package it will be. Anyway, love the products, very reliable and great customer service.

Mark

Sounds about right. I know a June shipment of a single CTB16 with dongles to the SE was $19, so $24 to Calli sounds right.

Shipping has gotten to be OUTRAGEOUS.

You should see some of the shipping costs over to Europe. :(

Talking about high shipping costs. I purchased some rope light power connectors from www.actionlighting.com , the postage for a one (1) pound box was $24.98 ! ! That's from Bozeman Mt. to central Pa. . And no it wasn't a rush shipment , just UPS Ground. I know I could have shipped it back to them USPS for about 6 or 8 bucks. They do have reasonable prices but they make up for it on shipping.

It's GOOD OLE UPS.........WE ship out every day in our business and we must get at least 2 updates per month on increases for the shipping rates ........Also if you live in an area that UPS considers Rural Residential the shipping has gotten outragious. We just shipped a 1# box and the rate was $12.75.........Some times I think it would be cheaper to to go there and pick it up yourself, even if it is half way around the country (LOL)

$75 shipping of a CTB16-PC with Generic Starter Pack with USPS. Thats just the most basic shipping package available, UPS's "most comprehensive" was nearly $200 if I remember correctly!

Maybe some of these businesses should try flat rate shipping from the USPS. It would save clients money and it's there just as fast in some cases.

.Actually, as a business we are transitioning over more & more to USPS but unfortunatly if your parcel dosen't fit into there container you have to go to the next larger size and then the cost goes up. Also you are correct in the speed of delivery, USPS is the same or sometimes faster.

Talk about shipping cost. Shipping out wireframes is very tricky. I do everything I can to keep the shipping cost down by making them fold. Just 1 inch can make the differance between it costing 20.00 and being over 100.00 to ship.

Edited by DougP

Maybe some of these businesses should try flat rate shipping from the USPS. It would save clients money and it's there just as fast in some cases.

++2

Shipping was a pain in the a$$ for me to figure out. It is so true for small packages to use USPS, but UPS for the larger. I went with UPS because my shopping cart automatically pulls the pricing from UPS depending on size, weight and zip of the items. I would have to do flat rate with USPS which during my testing of the store...screwed me a several times. And when I tried to adjust....overcharge the customer. I also don't like that UPS charge $2.55 extra for residential. Shouldn't matter.

I will never use UPS when shipping international. WOW, unbelievable high. Everything is 2 to 3 times higher than USPS. Just ship a package to Australia for $200 that UPS wanted $500 for!! Forget that!!

That's what she said. botta bing

But... I bet you have a rough time shipping wireframes.

The first line was uncalled for.

Edited by DougP

thats one thing I love about ebay,most folks there ship usps and give very reasonable shipping.also I find the free shipping to be great even from China

To buyers, they look at UPS and USPS as offering the same type of service. Most of the time both carriers will deliver the package to the buyer on-time and without problems. But when there are problems, you will usually find that UPS will provide much better service than USPS. Also, from a seller standpoint UPS offers much faster and more efficient service. To a seller that time is money, while a buyer may not thikn that, a seller does.

We are a LOR partner and get shipments all of the time from LOR to our California warehouse - that rate sounds about right. Also, the extra surchrage for Residental vs. Business also doesn't help either. BTW, UPS shipping rates are up 6% for this year!

---Michael