Light-O-Rama Forums

The West's 2012 Rock 'n Haunted Castle Show is ON!

Tracy West

Finally I was able to have a little time to start cutting and editing video footage from last night!

This is a rough draft. Will post an updated version soon.

See what you think!

I had fun with this sequence because I had a radio station commented last year that the two types of Halloween videos should have a square off to a dual. So I did!

Party Rock / I Wanna Rock

http://youtu.be/cNEPCt8nN_4

Edited by Tracy West

Damn Tracy!! Outstanding job bro!! Love the DJ lights added in this year! And just love the Godzilla!! that shiiit is huge! just love it!! Oh, and loved the guy who pulled up and kept his headlights on for 5sec too long. ;) How many fog machines do you got running and what models? I hope to get some better videos this weekend when I put out my 2 fog machines. I got a cheapo one but its lasted me for 4 years and just got a hurricane 1100 which is a beast! Great job man....

Damn Tracy!! Outstanding job bro!! Love the DJ lights added in this year! And just love the Godzilla!! that shiiit is huge! just love it!! Oh, and loved the guy who pulled up and kept his headlights on for 5sec too long. ;) How many fog machines do you got running and what models? I hope to get some better videos this weekend when I put out my 2 fog machines. I got a cheapo one but its lasted me for 4 years and just got a hurricane 1100 which is a beast! Great job man....

Thanks Todd.

Yeh.. I wanted to yell at her to turn off her lights or park the car!

I have a few more tapings of the sequence but I loved the way the smoke and lasers worked out with this one.

I have two 1500 vertical dmx fog machines and one 1300 Chauvet in the middle and two 400 watt Walmart specials on the left side of the castle. It was suppose to be another 1300 but my one year old Chauvet that I only used two weeks last year would not fire up. That pissed me off because I cleaned it and stored it up in my closet to prevent it from over exposure to heat or cold. :angry:

Opening night. I hope everything runs! :blink:

More videos will be coming out this weekend.

Totally worth the wait. Very nice job Tracy. Now, sit back relax a little and have beer. You deserve it!

Thank you so much!

That is the goal tonight after I get it up and running for the opening day of the show.

I went back and clean up the audio of the sequence and deleted the first one. I could not stand the low buzz I was hearing at the beginning and the end of the sequence. :blink:

Here is the improved version of Party Rock / I Wanna Rock.

More videos to come hopefully today! :D

http://youtu.be/0oRZ4RFf36o

• Like 1

Where did you get the Godillza from?

Torqumada

About 3 years ago I saw on ebay a 30rd foot Godzilla for sale by this company in China. I contacted them to see if they could makeme a 15 foot one. They made me a good deal on him so I bought it. The kids love him but he is a pain in the ass with West Texas winds! :blink:

Looks great Tracy. Waiting for more vids.

What video editing software do you use?

I have the Movie Magik 17 HD program. It works pretty well and I am getting a little better at it everytime. I need to play with the program more because there are a lot of cool features on it that I have not used.

• 2 weeks later...

Halloween night went well. Not as big of a crowd as we had last year but we stayed busy from 6:45 til 10 (closing). We ended up with about 925 trick or treaters this year! :)

We had the local news come out and filmed but our piece got scrubbed because of a bigger news story! :o

Today starts the tear down and storing of all the stuff! :blink:

I am not really sure if I am going to do something next year or take a year off and work on a new theme. If I do another show next year it will be downsized for sure! ;)

• Like 1

A long sigh.... I retired my large singing face today!

Big Bertha (as I refer to her) has been up and in the elements for 2 years. Why? Cause she was too damn big to store in my garage or shed! She and my spiderweb frame had been tarped and put out behind the shed for the last 2 years and they are just too much for one person to manage.

So I made a decision to downsize some areas of the show and she was on the list.

Looking to change up my theme for next year anyway and it is good to start fresh!

To Big Bertha... she was a doll! LOL! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Tracy

Cool ideal on the fence what did you use on the tops of the pvc posts?

Plastic Finials that I bought from a fence store. They make them in plastic too and they were only 23 cents per finial.