Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR COMMUNICATION ADAPTORS/TWO NETWORKS

maxall777

HI I'm sure the answer to this question is out there somewhere but i can't find it so with that said. Does anyone know if you can use 2 of the LOR USB-RS485 adapters one for LOR controllers and one setup for DMX and have two seperate neworks.

This is the easiest and cheapest way of setting up a DMX network. I would definately recommend this method over any other.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm also trying to set up a separate LOR and DMX networks.

I have had some success but have not be able to get both the LOR networks and the DMX universe to work at the same time. As soon as l add the LOR comm port in the network preference menu, the DMX universe stops working. Is there a simple reason or setting in the software that I'm missing. Software is s3 advance so it should be all ok.

I have set up my LOR networks Regular through to AUX D on different comm ports connecting them to the LOR boards (AC, CCR's and DC boards) via USB485 adaptors.

I have set up my DMX as universe 1 and it is connected via another usb485 adaptor . This has all been set up in the DMX tab in the network preference and l have selected the raw DMX protocol.

The comms listen is going when l try to use both at the same time but l can only get them to work individually

I have made the required cross over cable for the DMX board and it all work OK when used by itself.

I know l can run my LOR boards in DMX. However l do not want to do this.

Too much reconfiguring of all the channels that l have already set up.

Any help on how to get both the LOR and DMX to play together would be really appreciated

Cheers

Jerome

Guest wbottomley

Hi

I'm also trying to set up a separate LOR and DMX networks.

I have had some success but have not be able to get both the LOR networks and the DMX universe to work at the same time. As soon as l add the LOR comm port in the network preference menu, the DMX universe stops working. Is there a simple reason or setting in the software that I'm missing. Software is s3 advance so it should be all ok.

I have set up my LOR networks Regular through to AUX D on different comm ports connecting them to the LOR boards (AC, CCR's and DC boards) via USB485 adaptors.

I have set up my DMX as universe 1 and it is connected via another usb485 adaptor . This has all been set up in the DMX tab in the network preference and l have selected the raw DMX protocol.

The comms listen is going when l try to use both at the same time but l can only get them to work individually

I have made the required cross over cable for the DMX board and it all work OK when used by itself.

I know l can run my LOR boards in DMX. However l do not want to do this.

Too much reconfiguring of all the channels that l have already set up.

Any help on how to get both the LOR and DMX to play together would be really appreciated

Cheers

Jerome

Please don't resize the font from the current default. It's barely legible.

• The topic was locked