Light-O-Rama Forums

A different approach singing faces?

ScottyMo

Here are some full length videos of the singing faces in action and showing some of the different colors used.

(Note: The auto focus of the camera has focusing issues in some spots.)

Tonight’s Gonna be a Good Night

Thriller

ScottyMo

Monster Mash

Halloween Show Intro

Here’s a few Christmas songs. I will be creating a new face for Christmas. It won’t be a pumpkin and will have a red and white Santa hat.

Mr. Grinch

Let it Snow

Santa and I know it

I love the mini model house, I was thinking of doing something like that but never actually did it great job on the faces as well, considering i made mine from Window Screens and string lights costs me under $100 for my faces

I watched the grinch and I am sold, I don'tthink I will be happy with the outlined faces ever again....I gotta have one......I should not go digging around here too much its gonna cost me a car.....

Great work....it has a smooth video quality to it....you could add two 3 channel holiday coro controllers and have full function on the backups....

Thanks! Yeah, I could do that. Cost would be fairly low. However, I would have to re-arrange things because currently I store the dmx controller in the left eye, and the power supply in the right eye. Since they are just the back-up singers, I'm not too worried about the inability for them to blink. Most of the focus will be on the main singer who is capable of individual eye control.

ScottyMo

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Darn you beat me to it. I just did some testing and design to do nearly the exact same thing. Nice.... Great minds think alike. :)

Ha, I thought I invented this idea myself and just found this! I built my piano with this concept and wanted to start making faces this year the same way. I'm only concerned about how long it takes to invert the programming... Great job!

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the idea! I have copied the concept and constructed a singing face. It's definitely a lot of work to build from scratch and more expensive than wire frames, but is a big hit in my display this year.

Here are a couple pictures of what I did and videos of songs from my display:

post-9139-0-46608500-1418582623_thumb.jp
post-9139-0-83895800-1418582623_thumb.jp

http://youtu.be/xP2fIUjFMOQ

http://youtu.be/4pAedhWBmN4

• The topic was locked