Light-O-Rama Forums
Bob Musil

LED Keeper - Where to Get?

I'm in trouble. Shipping cost for me to Hawaii is $25 to $50 for one green product. I want to cry now. Any other list of places to purchase. Checked amazon. Get red version. Is this a new type? No info available.

The red version is the LightKeeper and is for incandesents only.

Here's a list of where the LEDKeeper is supposedly available - including the ability to order it direct from the maker:

http://www.ledkeeper.com/where-to-buy

I'm in trouble. Shipping cost for me to Hawaii is $25 to $50 for one green product. I want to cry now. Any other list of places to purchase. Checked amazon. Get red version. Is this a new type? No info available.

The red version is the old one. Used for incandescents.

Edit: Tim beat me to it.

Edited by Aaron Maue

Ace Hardware had it for $38.00 which is just far too much for it. Also, what do you do when you use both load jumpers?

Drew

I just got mine for $25.00 there today

D C, Thank you so much. Just got it today. This is a must have tool. Found one of my strings, wire for the bulb was backward. Easy to use. Without it, I would have threw it out into the trash. Much mahalo again. Aloha

D C, Thank you so much. Just got it today. This is a must have tool. Found one of my strings, wire for the bulb was backward. Easy to use. Without it, I would have threw it out into the trash. Much mahalo again. Aloha

Glad to help you.

Enjoy

Went to local Menards store last night looking for one - asked manager of holiday section where are they and he told me he had to send back 30 units in the last week because of a quality issue?

The red version is the LightKeeper and is for incandesents only.

Here's a list of where the LEDKeeper is supposedly available - including the ability to order it direct from the maker:

http://www.ledkeeper.com/where-to-buy

The red version is the old one. Used for incandescents.

Edit: Tim beat me to it.

I think they were refering to this one http://www.amazon.com/LED-Keeper-Light-Repair-Tool/dp/B007H4I8HY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352391668&sr=8-1&keywords=led+keeper

I had a box with about 15 strings that were bad. It seemed that a green led bulb was defective in every string. Sacrificed one string, and now I have about 14 good ones.

I think they were refering to this one http://www.amazon.co...ords=led keeper

I don't believe that product, in red, exists. My guess is they're using some early concept art/prototype photos. I've heard from both representatives from Ultralit and also Dennis C who invented it that they will be available in green and yellow. And it seems they're much more readily availablein green (battery-operated).

I don't believe that product, in red, exists. My guess is they're using some early concept art/prototype photos.

thats what I was thinking but thats why I got mine from 1000bulbs so I knew I was getting the Green one

Edited by TitusCarnathan

Fixed 10 string today. Headache lifted. One project down and many to go.

If anyone is interseted in the list for who has the GREEN LED Keeper here it is:

ARETT SALES

1000 Bulbs

ARSALES

Kraynaks

The Christmas Place, Pigeon Forge TN

Christms Light Show

HiTech Lights

Illumimax

UNITED HARDWARE

Edited by Dennis Cherry

And it seems they're much more readily availablein green (battery-operated).

Ugh, I wish we could edit posts.

I meant to say YELLOW (battery operated)

If anyone is interested in the list for who has the GREEN LED Keeper here it is:

Dennis,

Add one to the list. I have them as well.