Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Keeper - Where to Get?

Bob Musil

Thanks to everyone who placed their LED Keeper orders. We appreciate the business! And glad you guys are liking our promo deal so much.

---Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who placed their LED Keeper orders. We appreciate the business! And glad you guys are liking our promo deal so much.

---Michael

I just saw this post and would like to order one. Any chance you can repeat the promo for another 72 hrs? UPS shipping is as much as the Keeper t me and IMO thats crazy....

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased the yellow version at Ace Hardware, cost $25. Did not know about the other version.

In about an hour I fixed 3 large snow flakes. The snow flakes are a challenge due to the way the wiring is done. Seeing how these snow flakes cost $25 at Target, I am ahead by $50.

Going to look into the Green unit.

Lee

Ace Hardware had it for $38.00 which is just far too much for it. Also, what do you do when you use both load jumpers?

It's far better if you can use a sacrificial string and splice a new bulb in. Supposedly more will be available, but I haven't seen them yet. And they're kind of ugly and don't light up, so I'll only be using them for temporary fixes.

All they are is a handy node that splices the wires together with a resistor. I forget the resistor value but you could easily make your own that you could solder or crimp on.

Wouldn't a sacrificial bulb from an identical strand need to be orientated correctly tho?I don't really see any way to tell???

Yes it would. The "green" version has a way to figure this out. The (more common) yellow version does not. You would need to try it one way (quickly, so as not to damage the LED) and then the other.

I'm in trouble. Shipping cost for me to Hawaii is $25 to $50 for one green product. I want to cry now. Any other list of places to purchase. Checked amazon. Get red version. Is this a new type? No info available.

Edited by Bcspy

I'm in trouble. Shipping cost for me to Hawaii is $25 to $50 for one green product. I want to cry now. Any other list of places to purchase. Checked amazon. Get red version. Is this a new type? No info available.

The red version is the LightKeeper and is for incandesents only.

Here's a list of where the LEDKeeper is supposedly available - including the ability to order it direct from the maker:

http://www.ledkeeper.com/where-to-buy

The red version is the old one. Used for incandescents.

Edit: Tim beat me to it.

Edited by Aaron Maue

Ace Hardware had it for $38.00 which is just far too much for it. Also, what do you do when you use both load jumpers?

Drew

I just got mine for $25.00 there today

D C, Thank you so much. Just got it today. This is a must have tool. Found one of my strings, wire for the bulb was backward. Easy to use. Without it, I would have threw it out into the trash. Much mahalo again. Aloha

D C, Thank you so much. Just got it today. This is a must have tool. Found one of my strings, wire for the bulb was backward. Easy to use. Without it, I would have threw it out into the trash. Much mahalo again. Aloha

Glad to help you.

Enjoy

Went to local Menards store last night looking for one - asked manager of holiday section where are they and he told me he had to send back 30 units in the last week because of a quality issue?

The red version is the LightKeeper and is for incandesents only.

Here's a list of where the LEDKeeper is supposedly available - including the ability to order it direct from the maker:

http://www.ledkeeper.com/where-to-buy

The red version is the old one. Used for incandescents.

Edit: Tim beat me to it.

I think they were refering to this one http://www.amazon.com/LED-Keeper-Light-Repair-Tool/dp/B007H4I8HY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352391668&sr=8-1&keywords=led+keeper

I had a box with about 15 strings that were bad. It seemed that a green led bulb was defective in every string. Sacrificed one string, and now I have about 14 good ones.

I think they were refering to this one http://www.amazon.co...ords=led keeper

I don't believe that product, in red, exists. My guess is they're using some early concept art/prototype photos. I've heard from both representatives from Ultralit and also Dennis C who invented it that they will be available in green and yellow. And it seems they're much more readily availablein green (battery-operated).

I don't believe that product, in red, exists. My guess is they're using some early concept art/prototype photos.

thats what I was thinking but thats why I got mine from 1000bulbs so I knew I was getting the Green one

Edited by TitusCarnathan