Light-O-Rama Forums
Bob Musil

LED Keeper - Where to Get?

Just out of curiosity, what makes the "Green" version better for sealed strings? At C3, the guy from UltraLit demoed the "Yellow" version and said it would work for both types.

Just trying to make sure I buy the right product. I was leaning toward "yellow" so I didn't have to worry about plugging it in "out in the field".

Thanks,

-Tim

P.S. Rather than using the "pods" I think most of us would use a sacrificial string to get replacement bubs from (even for sealed strings - splice them in). The UltraLit guy said the same thing - the pods are more from where you are fixing a string you don't have a comparable donor string you can sacrifice.

As stated in an earlier post, the 'E' unit has polarity finding features the 'E' unit does not have. This is a great help when you want to replace the defective LED with a sacraficial LED from another string. I will have a video up soon on how this works.

Yes, the pod is for users that do not want or need to replace a defective LED with a sacraficial LED, or if you are in a hurry to get the string back oparational again, the POD is a quick fix, then later during the daytime you can do the LED replacement repair.

The person who demoed at C3 was the owner of Ultalit. It showed how easy either unit works finding the defective LED light, but he used a replacable LED light string, Either unit will find the defective LED, no matter if it is fixed/replacable, fill or half wave. It is up to you which works for your repairs.

As stated in an earlier post, the 'E' unit has polarity finding features the 'E' unit does not have. This is a great help when you want to replace the defective LED with a sacraficial LED from another string. I will have a video up soon on how this works.

Yes, the pod is for users that do not want or need to replace a defective LED with a sacraficial LED, or if you are in a hurry to get the string back oparational again, the POD is a quick fix, then later during the daytime you can do the LED replacement repair.

The person who demoed at C3 was the owner of Ultalit. It showed how easy either unit works finding the defective LED light, but he used a replacable LED light string, Either unit will find the defective LED, no matter if it is fixed/replacable, fill or half wave. It is up to you which works for your repairs.

Excellent info - sounds like I want the Green one after all.

Thanks for developing this and getting it to market. This is going to be a godsend.

Hmm, is there a 3rd version? The site url I gave earlier says that one comes with 3 1.5v batteries, which would only be 4.5vdc. it also doesn't really show the tool or color of it. I didn't notice the battey info the other day, as I was just searching for your LED KEEPER tool. So is this a completely different tool than the ones you developed Dennis? Or does this one belong to someone else, it still says it's from Ulta-Lit, but this one shows as:

Ulta-Lit Tree 3203-CD LED Keeper Repair Tool

I'm just wanting to be sure I buy the correct tool you designed and got to market.

Hmm, is there a 3rd version? The site url I gave earlier says that one comes with 3 1.5v batteries, which would only be 4.5vdc. it also doesn't really show the tool or color of it. I didn't notice the battey info the other day, as I was just searching for your LED KEEPER tool. So is this a completely different tool than the ones you developed Dennis? Or does this one belong to someone else, it still says it's from Ulta-Lit, but this one shows as:

Ulta-Lit Tree 3203-CD LED Keeper Repair Tool

I'm just wanting to be sure I buy the correct tool you designed and got to market.

Orville I saw that, and that's why I'll be ordering from 1000Bulbs. That way I'm guaranteed to get the "green" one, and that source was recommended by the guy from Ultralit.

Dennis can correct me if I'm wrong, but the only two models mentioned in Chicago were the two Dennis already mentioned.

Looks like I need to purchase another item for this hobby. :) I would say that you should emphasize in your video to unplug the light set prior to cutting the wire. I see the plug in the video but a warning is probably a good idea. Thanks for developing this product.

Yikes, $16.50 shipping to

I was going to order but your shipping is almost as much as the product.

Yikes, $16.50 shipping to me. HiTechLights - you might want to consider some different shipping options - they should probably fit in a $5 Flat-rate box.

WLC Ventures is selling them for $30 shipped...

Sorry about that guys! For one, we did have the wrong weight for the product. But the shipping is still typically around $14, but these are UPS rates, not ours!

For the next 72 hours, we're offering the LED Keeper for $22.49 plus $0.99 fixed standard shipping! You can purchase immediately by going to URL: https://store.hitechlights.com/product_p/ledkeeper-e.htm Hope this helps and apologize for the confusion.

---Michael

For the next 72 hours, we're offering the LED Keeper for $22.49 plus $0.99 fixed standard shipping! You can purchase immediately by going to URL: https://store.hitech...ledkeeper-e.htm Hope this helps and apologize for the confusion.

---Michael

Very cool - I just sent you some business (directed some friends to this deal) :)

Edited by Tim Fischer

Guest Don Gillespie

Sorry about that guys! For one, we did have the wrong weight for the product. But the shipping is still typically around $14, but these are UPS rates, not ours!

For the next 72 hours, we're offering the LED Keeper for $22.49 plus $0.99 fixed standard shipping! You can purchase immediately by going to URL: https://store.hitech...ledkeeper-e.htm Hope this helps and apologize for the confusion.

---Michael

I am in on this also thanks for the great rate

Thanks Michael, Ordered placed. Sorry to say UPS is really expensive and slow in my opinion. I know they are easy to deal with though! Thanks again.

-Brandon

Thanks for the great deal Michael. I just placed my order!

Thanks Michael, Ordered placed. Sorry to say UPS is really expensive and slow in my opinion. I know they are easy to deal with though! Thanks again.

Yeah, UPS is really horrid for small items like the LEDKeeper.

Thanks to everyone who placed their LED Keeper orders. We appreciate the business! And glad you guys are liking our promo deal so much.

---Michael

Thanks to everyone who placed their LED Keeper orders. We appreciate the business! And glad you guys are liking our promo deal so much.

---Michael

I just saw this post and would like to order one. Any chance you can repeat the promo for another 72 hrs? UPS shipping is as much as the Keeper t me and IMO thats crazy....

I just purchased the yellow version at Ace Hardware, cost $25. Did not know about the other version.

In about an hour I fixed 3 large snow flakes. The snow flakes are a challenge due to the way the wiring is done. Seeing how these snow flakes cost $25 at Target, I am ahead by $50.

Going to look into the Green unit.

Lee

To all the Canadians Canadian Tire has them for about $29. (Yellow ones).

Ace Hardware had it for $38.00 which is just far too much for it. Also, what do you do when you use both load jumpers?

It's far better if you can use a sacrificial string and splice a new bulb in. Supposedly more will be available, but I haven't seen them yet. And they're kind of ugly and don't light up, so I'll only be using them for temporary fixes.

All they are is a handy node that splices the wires together with a resistor. I forget the resistor value but you could easily make your own that you could solder or crimp on.

Wouldn't a sacrificial bulb from an identical strand need to be orientated correctly tho?I don't really see any way to tell???

Yes it would. The "green" version has a way to figure this out. The (more common) yellow version does not. You would need to try it one way (quickly, so as not to damage the LED) and then the other.

I'm in trouble. Shipping cost for me to Hawaii is $25 to $50 for one green product. I want to cry now. Any other list of places to purchase. Checked amazon. Get red version. Is this a new type? No info available.

Edited by Bcspy