Light-O-Rama Forums

What is 2012's "Party Rock Anthem"?

Rapajez

Got room in my Christmas show for a 2012 pop song...but none have really stood out so far. What is 2012's "Party Rock Anthem"?

What new-ish songs will you be sequencing for Christmas/Halloween 2012?

I suppose I could sequence the others first, and hope something is released soon-ish.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Torqumada286

• gmac

• caniac

• Rapajez

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible candidates are The Wanted, "Glad you Came" or similar. Techno-y band, but don't seem as exciting or dynamic to sequence with as "Party Rock" or "Boom Boom Pow". A bunch of younger viewers might appreciate a One Direction song, but I don't know if I could subject myself to 40 hours of listening to that in slow motion. "As Long as You Love Me" by Bieber might be fun, lots of effects, but kind of slowish song overall.

What do you guys think?

Besides a current top 40, other songs I'm considering include Wizards of Winter, or whatever that's called, "12 Days of Christmas" by a band Reilent k, and...."Pop" (2002?) by N'sync.... :)

Sorry, cant play anything bieber-ish, dont want another controller to burst into flames..

+2

working on the song BLOw from Kesha for new years

I also agree Call Me Maybe might be one, I'm actually working on it now.

I also thought about using just a snippet of glad you came from One Direction.

+3 on Beiber

I'm thinking "Lights" by Ellie Goulding - the title caught my attention.

I was thinking about that too. The beat does kind of switch around and could be fun. Plus the whole song IS about lights...

Whistle by Flo Rida

I'd be afraid of offending some neighbors, but that one did sound kind of fun and the beat changes around a few times.

Wow, a lot of people for Call me Maybe. I know it was popular, but had a hard time picturing a sequence. I'll do it Maybe.

+4 on Bieber I guess...lol...I heard that newer song on the way home and thought it might be fun, w/ the effects and all.

Again, none of these really jumped out at me, but there's still time for something more fun to be released.

I still need another Christmasy song. Any unique suggestions, besides the one's that have been done to death? :P

I may add "Santa and I know it", The Coca-Cola song, wouldn't mind getting a copy of Maybe (mega tree version) from someone but don't know if I want to tackle it for now.

I've got 3 young kids, who all like to listen to modern "pop". What's funny is that a lot of it sounds a lot like the pop I grew up with in the 80's. :rolleyes:

I'd have to agree with the others on the "Call Me Maybe" song. The very first time I heard it, my first thought was "Gee, this sounds so 1980's, almost like Debbie Gibson or Tiffany". My second thought was "This would be perfect for light sequencing".

Last year my daughter talked me into doing a Justin Bieber song. Funny thing is everytime that song came on during the show, it didn't matter if there was one car or twenty, they would all leave. Guess that song won't be in this years show.

Awesome song.... Definitely want to see what you do with that one.

My opener this year is Cliffs of Dover. Yes it is an older song, but it should get people going.

My kids and wife go around singing "Call me maybe".

I dislike the song but I would do it if I had time.

I might get it done around thanksgiving and have to add it in.

I stumbled across "I'm Santa and I know it"....it's a takeoff from LMFAO's, I'm sexy and I know it....I thinking of doing that one