Light-O-Rama Forums

What is 2012's "Party Rock Anthem"?

Rapajez

I heard the PSY song back in May through some friends, and immediately I wanted to do it for my first LOR show, but I haven't had any chance to sit down and learn to sequence, having three young kids has made it really difficult to get the time I need, so I've just been building my props and borrowing sequences found online. Hoping to make next year the first year where I do everything from the ground up.

Todd - That is going to be awesome once you finish it!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Torqumada286

• gmac

• caniac

• Rapajez

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work!! I am impressed.

Thanks man! I started on this about 3 weeks ago or so, through allot of trial and error I was able slow down the song so I can get a better grasp on the words...still needs a few tweaks I think and now I have to get the rest of the lights going... Hell I still have to build the 3rd board and test it :)

I heard the PSY song back in May through some friends, and immediately I wanted to do it for my first LOR show, but I haven't had any chance to sit down and learn to sequence, having three young kids has made it really difficult to get the time I need, so I've just been building my props and borrowing sequences found on-line. Hoping to make next year the first year where I do everything from the ground up.

Todd - That is going to be awesome once you finish it!

Thanks for the kind words and trust me...all of us here know what you mean...and you should probably bail now before you dive into this addicting habit of flashing lights! That being said, I also have 2 small kids, I work on computers/servers all day long and the last thing I want do when I get home is more work...hence why I am so far behind! :) I have shared some and others have shared with me as well, quite a few actually...and I just tailor it for my display...but nothing will bring you more pride and respect for the vets then doing a complete seq from start to finish when you do it yourself!! This one I think will be my best work yet....though this is only year 2.... will post more once I get a more solid handle on this one.

Ciao for now.

I have also been working on this song by PSY for a bit. I am using singing faces with mine also and from last year I have 32 more channels. Its a work in progress but so far I think it looks great...just really hard on the mouth movements cause I have to get them as close to what is said...and I don't speak Koren...

Why not use the music video to see what their mouth movements are and then replicate it as much as possible?

Torqumada

All right, anyone got a sequence for the PSY song they are willing to share? Might try to squeeze it into my show this year. Showed the wife the video last night and now I can't get it out of my head.

PSY will not be in my show. Because the language difference sounds like Open Condom Style. I get enough complaints from my show.

PSY will not be in my show. Because the language difference sounds like Open Condom Style. I get enough complaints from my show.

I hear you, to me it sounds like Open Condom Store. There is a three year old across the road from us that just loves our Halloween display and I can just hear him going to daycare or Sunday school singing "Open Condom Store". His mom would be mortified. You know little ones, they only remember what we don't want them to.

All right, anyone got a sequence for the PSY song they are willing to share? Might try to squeeze it into my show this year. Showed the wife the video last night and now I can't get it out of my head.

Like this?

Torqumada

Yeah, I am. I am going to clean it up a little tonight or tomorrow and I'll make it available, as long as people give credit where it's due: "I got it from crazy guy on the internet." will be fine. :P:D

Torqumada

OMG I just made everyone in the house watch part of your sequence! That is so great, I don't think I would put it in the whole month line-up, but it would be fun to do just to add when some friends are around!