Light-O-Rama Forums

Are these hackable

Torqumada286

geeeee John tell us how you really feel :) ,I only plan on using mine around my garage as is no hacking,I agree with you if you want pixels then buy some good ones

Never one to hold back on what I think :) just hate to see someone (especially new) spend a lot of money on something they may regret later because they didn't know about another option

• Like 1

See post in other thread Thomas. You know we will keep you informed, Got to have you and Gege there. Guess it's not a secret anymore is it?

as jballard said and he knows i got the geg35 strings and have them hooked to my 681s thay wrok ok but if your going to buy pixels spend the money on good ones i bought what i thought i could afford.but if your like me your not going to be happy till its close to perfect.i went to big lots today and checked out a box these arn t even close to the geces yes i took them out of the box and looked no remote not needed anyway different power supply different voltage less listed functions.when i left the box was shill on the shelf jjust saying see john i did learn something from you .

Are you a firefighter?

I appreciate the invitation. The TN Mini was the closest event so far that I could attend, since we are real slackers here in GA :D and the Carolina events are biannual. It's less than a 5 hour drive, but I just don't have the free time to do that right now. I have to work 24+ hours Friday and then again on Monday.

Torqumada

Are you a firefighter?

No, I have to work for a living. :P I'm a paramedic. There is lots of good nature ribbing between us and the local fire services, but this is a team event, not a solo sport. We need each other to get the job done properly. They may not work as much as we do, but when they work, they work hard, both the paid services and the volunteer services. (and I do EMS both as paid and volunteer too.) I prefer the days when neither of us are working hard. It means no one is having a bad day.

Torqumada

Amen to that. I am a career Fire Captain /Paramedic. Been with the City for a little over 23 years. I am no longer REQUIRED to ride the ambulance, but still do from time to time. :)

I had to give up volunteering after about 15 years due to family requirements.

The guys on the "box" definitely work harder than we do. The ambulance in my station averages 8 calls for a 24 hour shift. The Engine averages about 3.

We are a combined department and ALL of our new hires are required to get EMT I within 3 years.

Stay safe and remember to lift with your legs. :)

No, I have to work for a living. :P I'm a paramedic. There is lots of good nature ribbing between us and the local fire services, but this is a team event, not a solo sport. We need each other to get the job done properly. They may not work as much as we do, but when they work, they work hard, both the paid services and the volunteer services. (and I do EMS both as paid and volunteer too.) I prefer the days when neither of us are working hard. It means no one is having a bad day.

Torqumada

Amen to that. I am a career Fire Captain /Paramedic. Been with the City for a little over 23 years. I am no longer REQUIRED to ride the ambulance, but still do from time to time. :)

I had to give up volunteering after about 15 years due to family requirements.

The guys on the "box" definitely work harder than we do. The ambulance in my station averages 8 calls for a 24 hour shift. The Engine averages about 3.

When I first started working in this area, they had moved a bunch of people around and they had a new station captain at the station I was newly assigned to. I was trying to get a nap during a lull one day and he came in and told me point blank that I was not allowed to sleep. It was the station rules. I didn't work for him, but our organization agreed to follow all of the rules. That day I ran 15 calls. He ran 3. After that day, he decided that if I needed a nap in the middle of the day, it was fine with him.

We are a combined department and ALL of our new hires are required to get EMT I within 3 years.

It's a county fire service and private EMS here. All the fire fighters have to be EMT-I/A within a year, with most of them having it in place when they leave training.

Stay safe and remember to lift with your legs. :)

Or better yet with as many people as possible, preferably those younger and stronger than you. :D In almost 20 years of doing this I have not sustained an injury. I know I have been lucky and also am very, very careful. My current partner has only been doing this for 6 years and she has already messed up her knee, hand and back and she is not even 30 yet. :o Still, there are days that I go home tired and sore. Some ibuprofen and stretching exercises (P90X stretch is very good for this) and I feel like a new man.

You be safe too.

Torqumada

• 3 weeks later...

They'll be a Carolina mini this Spring regardless of the status of any other in the Carolina's.

Carolina events?? like training???? where? when?

• 11 months later...

I have some gemmy light effects and read up on them they say they are not hackable I opened one up and measured voltages  it seems it sends 50 volts to each separate light meaning there is something actually inside the little bulb enclosure that lowers the voltage

I have the gemmy syncro lights

Edited by john fulkerson