Light-O-Rama Forums
Robert Burton

Start / Stop button wish for Visualizer

+1

Did you know that you can force the Visualizer to stay on top? Don't know if it will help any, but if you want to give it a try, in the Vis go to FILE > OPTIONS > COM/REF tab > and at the bottom check FORCE SIMULATION WINDOW TO FRONT.

Edited by George Simmons

The play button to play the SE is on the wishlist.

• Like 1

+1

Did you know that you can force the Visualizer to stay on top? Don't know if it will help any, but if you want to give it a try, in the Vis go to FILE > OPTIONS > COM/REF tab > and at the bottom check FORCE SIMULATION WINDOW TO FRONT.

That is awesome George. Love that.

Thanks too for that being on the wishlist. :-)

+1

Why don't i have this option? Is it not in the Standard version?

seems like mostly Super Star up grades is that correct?

If you get it for free (check your license), then without question update.

If you have to pay, only you can make that choice.

well i'm currently running 3.2 Standard will the Advance license with out super star allow me to use RGB Dumb strips in the future? i do have to pay for the upgrade. is the Advance vs Standard a good choice?

Never mind i decided to upgrade my licence to Advance. should be all good now. I also just realized that this is not the place for this conversation. so feel free to remove my post.

Edited by MCas4380

It will.

If you want to upgrade to advanced that comes with a complimentary License Renewal. From Standard to Advanced is $40.

http://store.lightorama.com/s2soup.html

Frankly for the extra $10 it is the MUCH better deal than.....

If you want to stay with Standard, you don't need to purchase an upgrade. Instead, purchase a renewal for $30

http://store.lightor...com/solire.html

Trust me. Bite the bullet and spend the extra $10.

Now i have something new to play with any pointers?

I did my first vis. drawing not long ago.. took some practice at first.. but not real bad.. I wish for an easier way to draw icicle lights.. unless I am missing that option

Ok,

So I have gone to Visualizer and click "Simulation Mode". I then click "Play" from the editor...and it pops up great. However you have to fumble to "Stop" the visualizer first then go back to editor to stop it....if your trying to grab a very quick snippet. The way around that is to make your image in visualizer half the size of your screen when you do click on simulation mode. Then make your editor the other half of the screen...then you can go back and forth quickly. If your using a larger monitor...congrats...you can now go back and forth. However if your using say...a laptop. Then just put on your glasses and get closer to the screen :-( Works, just wish I had a larger screen to edit to.

Can't wait for that Start / Stop button in visualizer ;-)

Here's another "Yes" for this wishlist item being implemented - stay on top is great when playing a sequence but frustrating when wanting to stop playback of a sequence earlier than expected. It is during this where one must end the simulation mode of the visualiser and then go find the stop button in the sequencer. Perhaps by then the light pattern that one stopped the playback for to go fix is now off the screen, making the whole process a bit clunky.

Edited by marquisite

Do you know if your mouse is on the Sequence and you hit the space bar this stops the Sequence from playing and you don't have to stop the visualizer first. at least that's been my experience.

Do you know if your mouse is on the Sequence and you hit the space bar this stops the Sequence from playing and you don't have to stop the visualizer first. at least that's been my experience.

Mmmm. I can't get it to do that.

As I mentioned before, the only way I could is to have a split screen or minimized to half screen for both editor and visualizer. Just gets tiny doing it that way.

I use a laptop to program and a purchase a second flat monitor. Usb port powerToshiba. One for LOR program only and the other on visualizer display. Works great.

I just have my sequencer at the bottom of the screen (restore) showing just enough to hit the play and stop buttons. The visualizer sceen is just big enough so that the sequencer doesn't interfere with anything when viewing. This way I can have a cell in the sequencer selected and just hit spacebar to start and stop to see just a part of the sequence. Then I just maximize the sequence window to bring it up full screen for editing. Works well for me and no real flipping between windows, just resizing the sequencer window using restore and maximize buttons in the top right corner.