Light-O-Rama Forums

Demo Version won't go away

chowell

I have purchased the superstar upgrade for $99 for 4 ccr's. I have opened the sequence editor, and the only link is "upgrade light o rama.....not "register" light o rama. I have copy and pasted the new license key twice, restarted, and still when I open Superstar it says 3.5 demo version on top. Also, when I went in to do it the second time, the license # that I had copied and pasted for the new Superstar license was not there and the original license number for S3 was back in the dialogue box.

What am I doing wrong?

Corey

Edited by chowell

One thing you could try is to get the latest update which is version 3.7.0. After downloading 3.7.0 launch the LOR Sequence Editor and confirm that it says v3.7.0 at the top of the program. Then launch the SuperStar Sequencer and confirm that it says version 3.7.0. If not, then the link that you are using to launch SuperStar with is launching a different copy of SuperStar than what you just installed.

Ok, just downloaded 3.7, restarted the computer, upgraded using the new license key again, and now when I open superstar it says demo v3.7.0.0. Did I purchase the wrong upgrade somehow or did LOR send me the wrong license key perhaps?

For my own sanity just now I went to my test computer that had SuperStar demo on it. I registered a license key for the 24 CCR version, and after doing so the registration process informed me that I was now running the Advanced version of the LOR software and the 24 CCR version of SuperStar. I launched SuperStar and it said 24 CCR at the top.

When you launch the LOR Sequence Editor, did it also say v3.7.0.0 at the top? When you registered your license key did it come back with a message saying it was valid and you were now running the 4 CCR license?

If so, you could try contacting LOR and ask to give you another license key. Sorry for all the hassle, not sure why it is not working for your.

When I launch the sequence editor it does state v3.7.0 Advanced. When I register the new license key the message states Thank You for registering....Your license is for the advanced edition....You may have to close and reopen....

But ends in same result.....just demo version

Advanced refers to the LOR Sequence Editor. It should also be saying something about the 4 CCR SuperStar license. Ask LOR for another license key that has the 4 CCR SuperStar license in it.