Light-O-Rama Forums

Lost custom font in upgrade from 3.6 to 3.7

Brad Stucky

I'm planning on having 4 CCBs in my display for this year. They will be arranged in an 8x50 horizontal matrix. While working on text in my sequences, I decided to edit the custom 8x8 slim font, but upon upgrading trom version 3.6 to 3.7, I seem to have lost my editing of this font. Would I be so fortunate to be able to recover this font without editing the whole thing again? Is this something that will occur again upon software update, or can this be changed so that custom fonts can be saved through an upgrade? Perhaps I didn't save something correctly.

Brad

Edited by Brad Stucky

I am really sorry, I looked at the way the code works and the way it gets installed and the custom fonts get overwritten on every install. The work around is to backup the Fonts directory before upgrading to a new version and then copying your backup to the Fonts directory after install.

Apparently you are the first person to create a custom font or else I would have had this reported before. Sorry you ended up being the guinea pig on this feature. I will get this fixed before the next release. Obviously it should be made so it does not overwrite any custom font files at install time.

Whenever this kind of thing happens to me, I get this sinking feeling, "oh shoot, I just lost all my work." The only consolation is that I find that when I go back to rewrite what I lost it doesn't take me as long to rewrite it the second time.

I am really sorry, I looked at the way the code works and the way it gets installed and the custom fonts get overwritten on every install. The work around is to backup the Fonts directory before upgrading to a new version and then copying your backup to the Fonts directory after install.

Apparently you are the first person to create a custom font or else I would have had this reported before. Sorry you ended up being the guinea pig on this feature. I will get this fixed before the next release. Obviously it should be made so it does not overwrite any custom font files at install time.

Whenever this kind of thing happens to me, I get this sinking feeling, "oh shoot, I just lost all my work." The only consolation is that I find that when I go back to rewrite what I lost it doesn't take me as long to rewrite it the second time.

Thanks, Brian, for responding so quickly. I didn't figure anyone but me would be up this late at night. :)

I have started restoring my font. (It's not anywhere near as serious a thing as it would be to loose all the sequence editing I've been doing recently. )

I've located the font directory and sort of figured out what to do to copy the custom font file, edit the internal font name, rename the file and save it as another file to show up in the list of fonts. It's not a bit deal.

I'll like to add that this is some amazing software, and I'm having all kinds of fun with it. I really like the looks of the accelerated chases that can be generated. It would be nice if that could be easily done in the LOR sequence editor.

Thanks again, Brian.

Edited by Brad Stucky