Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor not seeing the Superstar editor files

sirrob28

So i get thru sequencing my CCR star, save it. Now I am trying to bring it into my sequences using the editor. the sequencer does not support the files from the superstar editor. How can I change this so the sequence editor will see the files from the Superstar editor.

No problem. This is the most common question I have. The answer is that you can do one of 3 things.

1) Play the exported file "stand alone." In other words, just open up the exported file in the LOR Sequence Editor and play it

2) Copy/Paste the exported sequence into your main sequence

3) Play the exported sequence as a sub-sequence in your main sequence

I ran a test last night along with a "vortex" arch. It all worked great. What I first did was just save the superstar program, once i figured out that if I exported that program to the file there was no issues at all. Then from there it was easy to get it into the sequence to run with the song. Here's a question..... whats the best way to protect the CCR's box from the elements of mother nature? We have done a star out of the strip and would like to put it on the house between the 2 bedroom windows but it is pretty high up there and the cord isn't very long, any suggestions?

On my display I have the top of the CCRs attached to the plywood that covers one of the windows in my house. I have the controllers mounted behind the plywood. The eaves of my house combined with the plywood give protection from the elements.

Most people have the controllers at the bottom and put the controllers inside of one or more plastic containers. I have seen a fellow use a tupperware like container with a snap on lid. He cut a hole in the side to run the wires and cables into it and sealed it with silicone glue.

When you say the cord isn't very long, are you referring to the 4 white wires that go from the controller to the ribbon? That wire is about 4 ft long, so the controllers need to be within 4 ft of the top of the ribbons, or within 4 ft of the bottom of the ribbons. Realize that you can configure the software to export the sequence for controllers at the top or bottom by setting the controller location in the Layout dialog box.