Light-O-Rama Forums

Switch between radio playing and sequences playing

MikeA

Not sure where to ask this so her it is.

I have 4 singing monster faces for a Halloween party. What I want to do is have the faces be on for 10 minutes or so and have the eyes blink now and then. I can make an animated sequence for this.

Then after about 10 minutes I wand to play a sequences song where they sing then have it go back to playing a radio station (preferably) or zara radio. Then in another 10 minutes, play a different sequence.

Would like ideas on how to do this

I have no idea what made me remember I wrote this document, alas, I remembered.

Granted, it's probably 3-4 years old, and I didn't look at it before converting to a PDF. However, it might be helpful for you.

Here's the PDF.

Are you using the radio to fill air time? if so you could create sequences with music and no animation and set it up your show so you have a 10 min lights, 20 min music no lights and back or what ever order you use. last year i used a thunder sound track between my singing pumpkins to fill the time. but you could just choice a list of music you want open them in a sequence and save it.

Another option would be to run your audio output through an AC relay that would choose which sounds to play.

Your Zara radio (or whatever) would be playing when the relay is off.

When your LOR sequence starts, your relay would be energized using one channel of your LOR controller and then it would play the LOR audio from your computer.

Sample relay: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049721

I have no idea what made me remember I wrote this document, alas, I remembered.

Granted, it's probably 3-4 years old, and I didn't look at it before converting to a PDF. However, it might be helpful for you.

Here's the PDF.

Don: Thanks for posting this. Any chance you'd be willing to post a PDF version that is not security enabled so we can print it?

Don: Thanks for posting this. Any chance you'd be willing to post a PDF version that is not security enabled so we can print it?

Oops. New machine and don't have all the preferences set right. Printing and Copy/Paste should have been enabled.

The link above has been updated with the correct PDF settings.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is not quite what you asked for; however, it worked flawlessly for me last year... I used a music program called radio dj, what is nice about it is you can have it play spots and the such... When it was time for the show, the program would put the rotation on pause and then resume after the show as over, all done by a timer set in radio dj. The thing that was nice about this option as opposed to others that I had tried was that radio dj faded the song out before the show as opposed to just cutting it off. It sounds petty, but it gave it a more polished feel for the transition to radio rotation to light show.