Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB sequencing

harrison0550

Ive now gotten all my channels laid out and everything drawn into the visualizer and have now begun sequencing this week. Question is: Has anyone come up with a simpler way of using keyboard shortcuts to pick color changes, like red, green, blue? Currently Im using the color fade tool and mouse over my recent tools box to pick between colors. While it works its also very time consuming and annoying that you have to choose more than one cell to even use the color tool. I find myself hitting undo at least once every 5 times I use the color fade tool because it shoots the fade all the way to the end of the sequence. Wish there was a way to custom set keyboard shortcuts for simple "on red" "on blue" and "on green" commands.

Any thoughts? How are you guys doing it other than opening up each rgb channel and picking the color that way.

lorscreenshot.png

Not sure if this is where you are going with this. I take all of my RGB channels and put them in another track. I then degroup all the RGB channels, move them around so like colors are together and then sequence like normal channels at that point. I know that doesnt make a lot of sense, I can show you in a few weeks though :)

I could see this being a problem also I too am curious how people deal with sequencing RGBs. Tips and tricks.

Import your visualization into Superstar (if you have the add on) and sequence them that way. It works for me

Import your visualization into Superstar (if you have the add on) and sequence them that way. It works for me

Im glad you brought that up Ron. I opened it last night thinking it may simplify things a bit. Unfortunately I cant do much with it as Ive never purchased the superstar program. Have never found a justification for the price. If it truly simplifies things though I may consider purchasing it.

I have the superstar addon also. That might be something we demo on for the Tennessee mini. I know I still need a lesson or two or three..

Im glad you brought that up Ron. I opened it last night thinking it may simplify things a bit. Unfortunately I cant do much with it as Ive never purchased the superstar program. Have never found a justification for the price. If it truly simplifies things though I may consider purchasing it.

I have the superstar addon also. That might be something we demo on for the Tennessee mini. I know I still need a lesson or two or three..

I will be sure to bring a laptop to the TN Mini. I'll show what I've learned so far. I still have only scratched the surface, I'm sure, of what SS is capable of. Brian has been a big help. I bought one of his sequences, opened it up and checked out how he did some different effects. I also watched his tutorials. Once I had that "Aha" moment, It's actually almost easy.

I have one of Greg's (Seasonal Entertainment) Rainbow Pixel strings coming for my arches. It takes about 15-20 minutes to sequence chases for a 4 minute song. Mind you, that's only 42 RGB channels. It takes a little longer for the 8 strings of CC Pixels. Still, a bunch easier to sequence 1200 channels in Superstar, than sequencing 1200 channels like I do the other 112 regular channels in my display.

I've even dabbled in the instant sequence a bit, both the RGB stuff and importing my Visualizer file in. It made my life a lot simpler.

Anyway, I think it's at least worth playing around with, even if you only have the demo version. If you've purchased the add-on already, go ahead and check it out.

Ron

Oh, and by the way, Dennis posted info about the Mini, location, time, that sort of thing, if you haven't already seen it. here's the link so you don't have to look for it. http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/21952-tennesseecmini/

See you folks on the 15th.

Edited by Ron Boyd

What I have been doing, but I don't know if it is the fastest or not. I open the Red, Green or Blue on the first channel and turn on or fade or whatever the color I want. Then I use the chase tool. You can use it to turn on every channel from top to bottom, in the same color, just make sure you select the first cell and last cell that you already turned on and then drag all the way to the last channel.

Now that I go back and read that it doesn't look very clear to me and I know what I was trying to say.

Let me know if you understand.

Scott

I do not have any tricks persay.. But what I've been doing is sequencing everything that I want in that color then go back and do the same for the other colors... The biggest pain is the chases.. It takes a long time to get those how I want it.. esp when I fade to a different color. A lot of work, but well worth the time..

The one thing I wish LOR offered was a "match color" so when you get those pesky blank spots you want to fill, and the color before it is not easily found on the color palet, you can brush over it and match the color..

I like that too, like the color sucker tool thingy in paint. I really wish there was a easy way to just click "Red" and start selecting cells. The color fade tool is neat for color blending, but just simple red or blue could be a bit easier.

OK so I think I figured out a little trick to keep my most used colors handy and able to use "ctrl-V" to paste them whenever I need. Seems to speed it up a little. I just copied a blue cell then renamed that clipboard on the left to blue and locked it. Then did it again for green, red, purple, etc. I just pick that clipboard and "ctrl-v" paste away.

clipboardyp.png