Light-O-Rama Forums

fm transmitter

randall

Anyone ever use the range star transmitter from dagco electronics? Have been looking at different transmitters for a year now and was wondering if anyone has tried these before I go and make a purchase. Hate to buy it to find out its a piece of garbage..

I got one last year after my mobile black box died. Very solid unit, has good range, and for the price, will not go back to black box.

Thank you for all of the input. Will order one today. Have the whole house transmitter now but not very happy with the distance or quality of the reception.

Amazon is showing this unit for $69.00

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B003FO4UHW

Here are the reviews.

http://www.amazon.co...iews/B003FO4UHW

Mine came in today. I hooked it up and just finished trying it out. It comes in clear as a bell four blocks in all directions. It looks just like the one on Ebay. Mine didn't come with any instructions so I looked at the one on Ebay to figure out how to switch from hi/lo power. I have a nice transmitter but it's a card that fits in my computer. I have more options with one like this. I too am very pleased with it and many thanks to you Terry for posting it!

Linda, did you find the hi/lo power steps? Push/hold the on/off button, plug it in, Hi (.5 watt) is displayed, push freq up/down button to select Lo (.1 watt).

Again, the exact same CZH radios are on eBay for $30-$35 US..

Yes I found the hi/lo power steps, but I didn't try changing the setting so thanks for the info on how to switch from hi to lo. When I checked the settings hi was displayed. I know this sounds like a dumb question, but should it be set to hi or set to lo? I know I can change the settings and experiment (and I probably will :rolleyes: ) but I don't want to tear it up by playing with it. I checked ebay and didn't find one in the price range you mentioned but I did find one for 59.00, so I could have saved 20.00 by buying on ebay, but I think I was suckered in to getting this one because I read something about (not being fooled by imitations).

I would start off with low. That dipole antenna works OK. Also I have a timer on mine. So I'm not broadcasting dead air all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came in today. I hooked it up and just finished trying it out. It comes in clear as a bell four blocks in all directions. It looks just like the one on Ebay. Mine didn't come with any instructions so I looked at the one on Ebay to figure out how to switch from hi/lo power. I have a nice transmitter but it's a card that fits in my computer. I have more options with one like this. I too am very pleased with it and many thanks to you Terry for posting it!

Im on a tight budget this year and need an FM transmitter. I cant fork out $255. This seems to be an cheap way, but to still get the found broadcasted. Any other input about it before i buy it?

Thanks-

Just saw this. Would this work? HERE

Edited by gtoyeah

Just received my czh05b today ( yup guess what I'm playing with after work tonight :P ) and better yet, shipping conformation on my first controller !! plus it's a cool 55 degrees here,,, for some reason I have the song " It's beginning to look alot like Christmas' in my head non-stop whoohoo :)

Edited by dusty72

" It's beginning to look alot like Christmas" Yes it is!!!!!! We're making a carousel and a ferris wheel for the display this year and about to get started on building them. Bought a bunch of 30" candy canes at Walmart last year on clearance and gonna make some spinners and pinwheels too. Now I have to figure out how to make it all fit in my yard!!! :rolleyes:

Just received my czh05b today ( yup guess what I'm playing with after work tonight :P ) and better yet, shipping conformation on my first controller !! plus it's a cool 55 degrees here,,, for some reason I have the song " It's beginning to look alot like Christmas' in my head non-stop whoohoo :)

Just bought mine from eBay. Should get it by Friday or Monday. Can't wait.

Good Morning all, plugged up last night transmitter and worked well out of the box for a solid 300( suburban setting) or so feet around the house using the supplied rubber ant. Then i switched it to hi and took a quick drive around. I admit I was surprised at it and figured I'd better get back home before a black van showed up and put back on low side :ph34r: My neighbor's kinda thought I was nutz.

:P