Light-O-Rama Forums

Anybody get a decent Halloween orange from 5050 dumb rgb strips?

tjflory

With modules, it depends if you have cool white or warm white at full on. The warm whites make a MUCH richer orange than the cool whites. At least as far as I've been able to make...

All my strips are cool white, so I've gotten some decent orange, but not quite as good as the warm whites. I can find the Rgb mix if you want when Im back on my sequencing computer.

I played with that a while ago and I think I ended up at 100% Red and 8% Green. I also found that a change of 1% either way on the green really messed it up. Your strips may vary so experiment and see what you like.

• 3 weeks later...

The results are different from a strip, but to get a good orange with my RGB floodlights (Rainbow Floods) illuminating a wall painted "Kelly Moore™ 36 Navajo White", I used red 50%, green 5%, blue 1%.

Thanks all for the help!

I ended up with 100% red and 15% green, but you know how these strips are, they look different from different angles.

I plan on putting them in (PEX?) tubing. They may need tweeking then.

tj

Same question for purple...

I have also noticed that most RGB strips are kind of add when it comes to mixing colors, it takes a lot of playing around to get nice colors. I think the led chips on board are not the best colors to start with which then skews the result. I also think the brightness between the individual colors is off, red is not strong enough so for orange I end up with similar results 100% red and 8% green. The biggest problem is that it also varies from batch to batch...

I also noticed with my DMX RGB Floods that there is a great deal off difference between looking into the light and the reflections of a wall...