Light-O-Rama Forums

My 2012 Super Star

Donny M. Carter

I'm using the E681 from SanDevices. A great pixel controller and it works really well with S3!

Donny I have seen videos of the test you have been doing,I think that star will get lost with all the other great stuff you have,maybe you should send it to me

Donny I have seen videos of the test you have been doing,I think that star will get lost with all the other great stuff you have,maybe you should send it to me

Lol! It's on the way!

great star

i really like the layered effects that you were getting.

i'm looking into some rgb this year. unfortunately i'm clueless about superstar.

is it very time consuming..... what i mean should i try to learn dmx and superstar now or is it realistically too late in the year to get into it and do it any justice.

i'm thinking about adding floods to do some whole house coloring

any heads up would be appreciated

thanks

Kelly, it's never to late to learn SuperStar! I really like the software and the ease of creating great effects in seconds. RGB sequencing in S3 is just as easy, just a few extra channels! Check out Brian's videos on using SuperStar for starters: http://www.lightorama.com/S3TutorialLinks.html

hey donny,

thanks for the info. i think i'll check out brian's videos and go ahead an jump in the pool.

i'm sure i'll have lots of questions so i'll be back on here (hopefully soon) picking everyone's much more experienced brain then mine.

james campbell---expect a few emails and maybe some calls as well.

hey donny,

thanks for the info. i think i'll check out brian's videos and go ahead an jump in the pool.

i'm sure i'll have lots of questions so i'll be back on here (hopefully soon) picking everyone's much more experienced brain then mine.

james campbell---expect a few emails and maybe some calls as well.

call me anytime usually home after 4:30 during the week

Donny,

I loved the star it is "super". I went to your web site to look at the construction it was great too. I got a little distracted by the C-7(opps stealing a thread) did you build all the base/bulb parts or just repurpose ?

Keep up the great work I may want more info on the electronics of the star at some later date.

Thanks,

PMK

• The topic was locked