Light-O-Rama Forums

old pm's

Ralph D

could someone tell me how to save my old pm's from the old forums. do i have to go one by one to save them? and where do i save them to. and is there a way to put them in the new lor forums?

Thanks

I cut and pasted ones I wanted to save into a Word document. I know there was talk after that about some export ability maybe, but never heard more about it. There is another thread here somewhere where an admin discussed this issue.

The quickest solution I have isn't pretty, but it will at least save all of your data quickly.

Go to the old PM's, and View the Source code of the page. (Exactly how to do this depends on your browser.) Save the text that is shown, and you will then save all of the PM's on that page.

Yes it's ugly. No, I don't have a better answer. Sorry.

ok thanks. kind of feel sad about it, i still have all my posts from the very start, tons of great info ive loved sharing over the years. god even the new fourm is making me feel old. crap!

lol what happened to the spell check?

omg no spell check either! now no one will talk to me.lol

i was using Firefox.... And all I can say is wow, what a pain in the asteric that was.lol . went back to Google Chrome and i'm good again. and I have to say, where the heck did the summer go. It's almost setup time again, have to get my butt cracking now.

Guest Don Gillespie

I cut and pasted ones I wanted to save into a Word document. I know there was talk after that about some export ability maybe, but never heard more about it. There is another thread here somewhere where an admin discussed this issue.

great idea

• The topic was locked