Light-O-Rama Forums

Blacked Out

dcphipps

I would check out Planet Christmas forums as their forum is pretty much the same software used as LightORama, so if the issue happens here and at PC then i would say your computer has an issue with the forum software. As far as fixing it, you may want to reisntall your web browser and see how that goes.

ok, somethings really screwy.. I'm getting black bands and duped posts on many threads.

Switched from Chrome to IE9.. Chrome (I'm really hating that) may be the culprit.. I'll find out as soon as I hit the post button for this msg..

ok now I'm totally flumoxed.. the post immediaty above (#24) was two seperate posts, the upper line was written in Chrome, the lower line in IE9..

Thats it.. I'm leaving.. thats three seperate posts, in two diff browsers.. and I'll bet this makes line #4 in this one msg (24) when it should be msg 28

The message board system will take posts by the same user within the past 2 minutes (or so), and combine them into the same thread.

ok, still something messed up.. same black bar acorss half the screen, and its only showing in posts, not subtopic (main) pages, only when I go in to read a post.. Now thats interesting.. it happens on PC site too. Not on any other Forum sites I'm on.

ok, still something messed up.. same black bar acorss half the screen, and its only showing in posts, not subtopic (main) pages, only when I go in to read a post.. Now thats interesting.. it happens on PC site too. Not on any other Forum sites I'm on.

Nope, not buying that explanation. If you say its same thread replies/posts, then it should -not- have duped these posts.

different computer, different browser, if you say, this msg should be appended to the one right above it.

There are no recent SQL errors showing in the logs. (That's about all I can look up, too.)

I can't duplicate the issue. I'll send an email to those who have the ability to investigate the issue further.

switching computers, lets see what happens

TJ,

It's been 8 minutes. Are you okay? :D

You didn't totally black out did you?

Edited by Santas Helper

Back on the problem computer, restored to a week ago.. black bar is gone. lets see if it appends the above post with this one.

Kinda strange...

I've seen people black out while they were using the forum (no offense intended Brian), and heard of people blacking out after using the forum, (no offense intended Brian) but I've never yet heard of someone blacking out before using the forum (again, no offense intended Brian).

Although, now that I've thought about it, I can see where there might have been some arguments averted over the years if people HAD blacked out before using the forum. Maybe dcphipps is onto something...

''Damn George. Your really going after me. Just because I drink and fly. Not at the same time. Doesn't mean you can hit me all night long. unless you are really hot and female. Ohh. I am drinking tonight with the neighborhood friends. But I have never blacked out.

It must be a glitch, Admin what about trying to update I.P.Board? If this problem is widespread the likelihood that they have an update to fix it is very certain.