Light-O-Rama Forums

Faster way to create fixtures/props?

chowell

Ok, so although i have had the new visualizer for awhile, I am just barely getting around to redesigning my layout. What i am creating now are my shooting stars. They are four separate stars inside of one another, with 7 channels going up the poles. For each pole channel, i am clicking the single bulb tool, creating a size 4 square bulb, and then naming it and assigning a channel. I have tried to copy it for the next one but then it is the same channel as the one I copied and i need it to be a different channel. So my question is, can i recreate a fixture or prop, but assign it to a different channel so that I can more quickly draw each fixture? I have tried but I must be missing something if it is possible. Therefore, for four 7 channel poles, I will be clicking on the single bulb tool, and creating a new fixture every time which seems extensive and slow.

Thanks in advance for any hints! Also, I have read the tutorial but am wondering if there are any other videos or articles on how to use the visualizer more quickly and efficiently.

Corey

• 2 weeks later...

Copy and paste the fixture and then go into the new fixture's properties (right click and then choose properties) and change the channel that it is wired to.

There are some already set up on the Visualizer prop page. Toward the end I believe. There are some 8 channel poles for sure and either 6 or 7 channel poles. Makes things a lot quicker if its already built

The version of the Visualizer in beta makes poles a LITTLE easier. You go into the 'Tree Wizard' and select a 'top width' the same as the 'bottom width' and what you get are straight up and down poles. Once you create them, you can stack them together to form multi-segment poles.

A true pole wizard is on the wish list, but I have no ETA when/if it will be done.

The version of the Visualizer in beta makes poles a LITTLE easier.

That would have been really cool to have when I drew out 16-8channel poles one fixture at a time, and tried to line them up straight.

(as I bang my head on the desk)

• 1 month later...