Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Length

trankin79

I've been going back and forth with Ray, and maybe we have an language barrier or I'm just not asking correctly. Anyway, was hoping someone here had some info on these pixels:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/promotion-12mm-RGB-full-LED-pixel-module-WS-2811IC-DC5V-input-50pcs-a-string-IP68-led/701799_564836955.html

I really just want to know the overall length of the string and the spacing between pixels.

Also, a decent end connector to plug into the E682 to extend the current one.

Any help here would be great!

Thanks!

One thing I noticed is that the specs contradict itself in the type.. the header says IP68 (submersible), but the specs below say IP66 (just waterproof), there is a differance..

Ask him directly "Ray, end to end, length? How long? 4meters, 5 meters?" You will have to give him some measurement to check, dont use feet.. use metric system

Edited by TJ Hvasta

I bought those same pixels a couple of weeks ago. from what little testing I did I they have preformed good and I am looking to get about 80 sets for 2013. I am at work right now and I will measure them when I get home tonight. If I remember right they are about 3 1/4" to 3 1/2" apart but don't know for sure right now.

Nathan

As far as pixel length this can vary from batch to batch especially if you dont strickly inform Ray of the length you want. It is always best to buy all your strings at the same time if building a mega tree where the gap between nodes is very important as length consistancy can vary between orders and batches..

Ray will make up strings to your requirements, but shipping will take longer. Just make sure you send him a drawing so he knows the exact distance you need between nodes or else it may vary to what you expect.

OK my memory seams to be wrong. the pixels that I have are 4" apart as the photo shows. they are the exact same ones as above.

post-9080-0-93622300-1345079819_thumb.jp

Great! Thanks all for the replies. I've expressed, diagrammed and skyped with all his confirmation they are 5m in total length, and 10cm between each pixel. I hope!!!

Has anyone asked Ray to put 8"-12" spacing between the pixels?

If so, how much was the increase in cost??

Dave-

Best to email him. I had a custom set that he made for me at no additional cost.

Nathan

How was your testing set up for these Pixels? Power Supply? What controller are you using? This seems to be a great price to jump in at for IC Pixels.

Thanks

Jon

Jon

I am using this http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/583679340-LT-DMX-1809-WS2811-DMX-Decoder-support-WS2811-TM1804-TM1809-TM1812-driving-IC-DC5V-24V-input-wholesalers.html dmx decoder from ray. I will be using those decoders for my display because there is such a large distance between each string (15-30 feet) otherwise I would probably use the E682 from san devices. I am using a J1sys ECG-DR4 to output dmx. The power supply that I am using right now is one that I got from ray just for testing I think it is 350w 5V. I am using LOR and e1.31 for controlling the lights.

Nathan

Although not pixels, I asked ray for 12" spacing on RGB modules strings and there was no additional charge. I agree with Eddy - Send him a diagram so there's no confusion.