Light-O-Rama Forums

Input trigger to windows cmd

Caleb Linburg

Does anyone know of a way to have an input trigger on lor send a cmd to another program without doing anything to the lights. I am wanting a trigger to do somthing for a project I am working on. Thanks.

One way would be to use the trigger to start an empty sequence (with all channels turned off) with the appropriate command line command in it to send the command to your other program. This is assuming that other program will interpret the command line.

For example, let's say you want to start the notepad application when you receive an LOR trigger (not sure why you'd do that, but it's an easy example).

Set up a show to watch for the input trigger. Have that trigger launch an empty sequence with the following command line in the Edit -> Windows Command menu selection: "notepad". That will launch the notepad application.

Does this help?

Edited by Aaron Maue

• 4 weeks later...

Would that keep the current show still going though?

Yes, if you set it as a "Magic Toy" trigger.

Also, make sure your "blank" sequence doesn't have any channels that are used in the current show. I suggest having a single channel assigned to "None".

One possible issue: If the input triggers multiple times, your command file will be run that many times. For example, if the input is a button, and it is pushed twice, it will run your program twice. Make sure you allow for this.

Edited by Steven

Will lor accept a trigger when the circut is open, closed or can you do either?

You configure that for each input using the Hardware Utility. The input will generate a trigger when it changes from open to closed, if you have it set to N/O. It will generate a trigger when it is opened if you have it set to N/C.

To get it to trigger both when switched open and closed, you have to wire two inputs in parallel, and configure one N/O and the other N/C.