Light-O-Rama Forums

Attach to Brick?

ezimnow

How are you guys attaching Snow flakes to brick? I was thinking of just running some 1/2 pvc attached to the wall with some type of hook and then just string the snow flakes along that...any other ideas?

And that is such a clean brick that I won't suggest what I do.. Our brick is so speckled that a hole in the brick is amazingly invisible, often even when you are right in front of it. So I use one hole per snowflake, and a tapcon screw.

I have to chime in on this one. I bought a couple of brick clips (don't know the brand) years ago. Those suckers hang on like they were nailed onto the brick. Fast forward to last year as this hobby expands and I need some more brick clips for my display. Off to Menards, bought some clips. They were crap! The metal had so stiffness or holding power whatsoever. None! Might as well be made out of a single layer of aluminum foil.

If these clips are as good as my old ones I'd jump on 'em!

Well thats a good point. I went out to actually take a look and when you look at the picture of the clips and the Brick it has plenty of grab space.Mine isn't even close to that. Well, so much for that.

I have to chime in on this one. I bought a couple of brick clips (don't know the brand) years ago. Those suckers hang on like they were nailed onto the brick. Fast forward to last year as this hobby expands and I need some more brick clips for my display. Off to Menards, bought some clips. They were crap! The metal had so stiffness or holding power whatsoever. None! Might as well be made out of a single layer of aluminum foil.

If these clips are as good as my old ones I'd jump on 'em!

I saw some of these at a True Value Hardware store a few years ago, but, it was in with the Christmas Decorations. You might try a True Value around Christmas time.

Jerry

Ordered and received from brickclip.com. I've compared them to the original clip I still have on my brick. The clip is so rusted I can't tell the original manufacturer. The new clips are very similar, not exact but very similar.

The new clips are much heavier than the ones I purchased from Menards that didn't work well for me. NOt quite as heavy as my old original but pretty good. Wish the metal had a bit more spring to it. First clip out of the bag had a bad bend that goes on the bottom of the brick for pressure. Still held OK. Still not as good as my old clip but definitely passable and usable.