Light-O-Rama Forums

lor controller lor160xW / ctb16D

Guest guest

Hey everyone. After playing with my stuff for a couple of weeks now, I have a couple of Q's i cant figure out. and please anyone can give me input if u know the answer.

1) how do you or can you control the rate of the twinkle and shimmer and chase effects?

2) Dan, i saw you said to someone there was a new firm ware out, how do i know if i need it? and how do you install it?

3) lastly, the lor soft wear crashed on me two nights ago while in the middle of making a new sequence. never happened before and since then hasn't happened again. since the crash my pc is so slow and when doing anything in the program it runs extremely slow, when it happened my pc went into safe mode on its own, told me to save my work in the program and that a driver had failed and it needed to do a disk check and re-boot the system. after, the pc said that, it sent a log of the incident to Microsoft and then took me to Microsoft website, but since i have no pc tech skills, i didn't do anything. i wanted to talked to you directly.

Ralph

1... Currently there is no way to adjust the rate on twinkle and shimmer.

2... If you do not have any problems with the controller then no need for the firmware. Once you download the file you can move it into the Light-O-Rama/Firmware folder. The HardwareUtility is used to update firmware. If you go into help and search on Firmware you will get to the page that describes what to do.

3... The only time I have heard of OS crashes with respect to LOR was when there was a USB adaptor being used. The USB driver was actually causing the problem. Are you using USB?

As far as the slowness of the machine, I do not know what that could be......

LightORama wrote:

1... Currently there is no way to adjust the rate on twinkle and shimmer.

But you can do a twinkle 'manually' at any speed you want. Just create a grid of events the length of your desired twinkle step size. Next, randomly fill the grid with 'on' events. Basically, that's all there is to it, just tweak it until you like it.

-Tim