Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Download my 2006 LOR Sequences

Guest guest

You rock! Thank you for the hard work you put into those. I did a measily three songs this past year as a first year user. Man, those sequences take forever to do when you as picky as I am. I need to get on the ball--I have two songs I want to do and edit/clean up my previous ones. Using a couple of yours will make my show complete.

One question: I use .wav files for my music. Can you mix mp3s with wavs in a show or do all the songs have to have the same extension?

Guest guest

BamaFlum wrote:

You rock! Thank you for the hard work you put into those. I did a measily three songs this past year as a first year user. Man, those sequences take forever to do when you as picky as I am. I need to get on the ball--I have two songs I want to do and edit/clean up my previous ones. Using a couple of yours will make my show complete.

One question: I use .wav files for my music. Can you mix mp3s with wavs in a show or do all the songs have to have the same extension?

I think you can mix them. I also use WAV files but converted them all to MP3 to make the download smaller. LOR has a hard time keeping a MP3 file and a sequence in sync while you are editing it in the sequencer. If you have this problem, convert the mp3 back to wav file and the LOR sequencer should be fine.

Guest guest

hey richard, i downloaded all your files and watched them all, WOW!

thats all i got to say...i went through all your sequencing and learned A LOT...since im going to be ordering at LEAST one more 16 channel controller, i set up a template for those additional 16 and started resequencing what ive already done using your techniques and i cant believe how GOOD its coming out...im not even using your songs, but by you posting this file, ive learned A TON that i may have not learned any time soon...i guess what im saying is, thanks for sharing...by doing so us novices can get an idea as to how things are done

Guest guest

I've got a co-worker whose 15 year old son was so intrigued by my display that he is bugging me seriously about creating a sequence to run at my house. (His dad is way to cheap to ever buy sequencing hardware). Since I'm planning 80 channels and you used 80, I think I will send him your sequences and the Demo version of LOR. That should keep him busy for a while. Once I get my house mapped out, I'll give him my channel map and let him loose.

Thanks for sharing.

Guest guest

Hi there, My God your good. I've downloaded your sequencs and I'm going to see if I can put them into my 256 channels. I run total 1.5 to 2.3 million lights every year, not all on LOR but over 300,000 lights. Keep up the good work looks very good.

Guest guest

Great Job!

What do you use to edit your audio files?

JIm

Guest guest

I haven't got that one figered out yet. I have a large music department, here at work. I just tell them what I need and how I need it. They buy the music and get all my permits.

Guest guest

javerill wrote:

Great Job!

What do you use to edit your audio files?

JIm

I use Sony Sound Forge or Adobe Audition depending on how complex I need to get.

-Richard

Guest guest

RichardH,
Thanks for the sequences, gave me some good ideas too!

Can't wait for the Christmas season.

Guest guest

Wow Richard, thanks sooooooo much. It is so helpful to see how you put this together.

I'm starting 2007 with 32 channels (I got them from my wife last Christmas). I took a picture of our house and have been trying to figure out where to start. Is it best to start at the roof and work down? I'm going to the mini plus in the northwest to help jump start me. Thanks again

Guest guest

Flashbulb wrote:

..... Is it best to start at the roof and work down? .....

I am not exactly sure what you mean. Do you mean how you lay it out in LOR?

I grouped all my channels in colors and then put them in order from Left side of the yard to right side of the yard. That way it was easier to create wipes without having to hurt your brain as much.

Guest guest

RichardH wrote:

I grouped all my channels in colors and then put them in order from Left side of the yard to right side of the yard. That way it was easier to create wipes without having to hurt your brain as much.

You answered my question perfectly. I started laying out my lights and ran into a bit of a situation. Lack of channels. Might have to make a further "contribution" to Light O Rama.:shock:

Guest guest

One thing I've done is to draw it onto a big peace of poster board and put it on the wall, as I play the music I start to see the movement of the light. It's a zin thing I know but LOR makes no promises to promote mental health I'm living proof of that.

Guest guest

Richard,

Excellent work and enormous generosity.

Thanks,

Neil

Guest guest

Hey Richard - did you have any LED's in your display this year - if so, where there any problems?

I had 112 channels last year and I am thinking of changing approx. 20,000 lights of 35,000 to LED's and I'm very unsure right now

Bill

Guest guest

I had about 48 LED floods this last year but I really did not like them. They are nice since you can run so many and they hardly use any power compared to normal floods but you can not fade them. I also had some water problems with water getting inside them. If I use them again next year though I plan on putting ziplock bags over them to keep the water out.

-Richard

Guest guest

did you have any problems fading 100 ct. strands of LED lights?

Guest guest

Bill Jr. wrote:

I did not use any LED strings for my Christmas Display. Only LED floods.

I did though buy some orange LED lights from Wal-Greens for Halloween last year and they faded fine with LOR.

Guest guest

Bill Jr. wrote:

I have used my LOR to fade single 35 count strands, single 70 count strands and 3-70 count strands (connected) of LED lights and did not have any problems with flickering last year.

Guest guest

I think you'll see the fade/flicker problem with the C7 and C9 LED screw in bulbs. I used some of them last year and didn't like them at all. They get moisture inside the sockets and throws the GFIs as well. I also had strings of LEDs (on my mega tree)and they worked great for fades and such.

Oh Richard, thanks a bunch for sharing your great work :waycool:.

Just my thoughts,

Tom

Guest guest

Looking to buy C-9's screw in type bulbs can you tell me where you bought yours thank you Blair

Guest guest

Richard: I want to thank you for sharing your sequences. Just the day before you posted them I purchased my LOR software to start practicing. Seeing your sequesnces and animation as well as your videos has helped me immensely. I would have never been as far along as I am without seing these. Since you have been so kind to share, I do have one question - where did you get your drums?

Can't wait to see your 2007 display.

Thanks again - Gary

Guest guest

elmochamp wrote:

Richard: I want to thank you for sharing your sequences. Just the day before you posted them I purchased my LOR software to start practicing. Seeing your sequesnces and animation as well as your videos has helped me immensely. I would have never been as far along as I am without seing these. Since you have been so kind to share, I do have one question - where did you get your drums?

Can't wait to see your 2007 display.

Thanks again - Gary

I bought them at Costco last year.

Guest guest

Richard,

I have watched each of your videos about a dozen times. They are fantastic. I am going to try to run 80 channels this year and I am going to use a couple of your ideas! I am doing about a dozen songs myself! I have a few questions for you!

1. What kind of trees do you have in the center and where did you get them? (The 9 up front)

2. How do you string your mega tree? Do you run a string of red up to the top then down the back, then a string of green up and down the back, etc, etc. When you have all your strings up how do you organize them into the channels to make the effects? I have never done a mega tree before!

3. When you put lights up on your roof, what kind of lights? Do you have the entire house strung with red lights, then the entire house strung with green lights etc. What would you suggest is the best light and way to sring them up and around my roof?

I am sure I'll more questions later, but I appreciate your time! Nice Job!

Art

Guest guest

Richard... I downloaded your sequences to see some effects you have created. I have to admit, I like them. So credit goes to you for some new effects in my show.