Light-O-Rama Forums

Download my 2006 LOR Sequences

Guest guest

Richard your display this year was probably my favorite this year. Your display was one of the main reasons why I decided to make the leap into LOR this year. One thing that is great about sharing your sequences, is you get to see how certain things look in the editor, not just the movie of the live action. My main thing right now is getting some ideas for mega tree action. Seeing how you did some of your stuff really helped out...so thanks for sharing!!

Greg

Richard I want to thank you. I downloaded your sequences last night and I can learn a great deal from them. I am glad you explained the beat channel.... I wondered what was up with that.

Again, Thanks!

Dennis

Richard,
it did take some time and reworking the sequences. I am only working on 2 in particular at this time.
It is taking some doing, but by studying your work, I am figuring out how did some of them. On some of the half ramp ups & downs took me awhile to figure it out.
Again we thank you for giving us some of your hard well repected work.
Al

Richard, what kind of lights did you use for your floods? Were they halogens? I had trouble with some floods that just didn't respond quickly, but they were just old bulbs I had in the garage. Did you buy them green and red or did you use filters?

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking at 80 channels for 2007 (up from 32) so it has helped me visualize.

JonB

JonB256 wrote:

Richard, what kind of lights did you use for your floods? Were they halogens? I had trouble with some floods that just didn't respond quickly, but they were just old bulbs I had in the garage. Did you buy them green and red or did you use filters?

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking at 80 channels for 2007 (up from 32) so it has helped me visualize.

JonB

I used LED Floods from Action Lighting. The nice thing about them is they instantly turn ON and OFF but the bad thing is they do not fade. Not sure if I will use them next year.

-Richard

You rock! Thank you for the hard work you put into those. I did a measily three songs this past year as a first year user. Man, those sequences take forever to do when you as picky as I am. I need to get on the ball--I have two songs I want to do and edit/clean up my previous ones. Using a couple of yours will make my show complete.

One question: I use .wav files for my music. Can you mix mp3s with wavs in a show or do all the songs have to have the same extension?

BamaFlum wrote:

You rock! Thank you for the hard work you put into those. I did a measily three songs this past year as a first year user. Man, those sequences take forever to do when you as picky as I am. I need to get on the ball--I have two songs I want to do and edit/clean up my previous ones. Using a couple of yours will make my show complete.

One question: I use .wav files for my music. Can you mix mp3s with wavs in a show or do all the songs have to have the same extension?

I think you can mix them. I also use WAV files but converted them all to MP3 to make the download smaller. LOR has a hard time keeping a MP3 file and a sequence in sync while you are editing it in the sequencer. If you have this problem, convert the mp3 back to wav file and the LOR sequencer should be fine.

hey richard, i downloaded all your files and watched them all, WOW!

thats all i got to say...i went through all your sequencing and learned A LOT...since im going to be ordering at LEAST one more 16 channel controller, i set up a template for those additional 16 and started resequencing what ive already done using your techniques and i cant believe how GOOD its coming out...im not even using your songs, but by you posting this file, ive learned A TON that i may have not learned any time soon...i guess what im saying is, thanks for sharing...by doing so us novices can get an idea as to how things are done

I've got a co-worker whose 15 year old son was so intrigued by my display that he is bugging me seriously about creating a sequence to run at my house. (His dad is way to cheap to ever buy sequencing hardware). Since I'm planning 80 channels and you used 80, I think I will send him your sequences and the Demo version of LOR. That should keep him busy for a while. Once I get my house mapped out, I'll give him my channel map and let him loose.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi there, My God your good. I've downloaded your sequencs and I'm going to see if I can put them into my 256 channels. I run total 1.5 to 2.3 million lights every year, not all on LOR but over 300,000 lights. Keep up the good work looks very good.

I haven't got that one figered out yet. I have a large music department, here at work. I just tell them what I need and how I need it. They buy the music and get all my permits.

Wow Richard, thanks sooooooo much. It is so helpful to see how you put this together.

I'm starting 2007 with 32 channels (I got them from my wife last Christmas). I took a picture of our house and have been trying to figure out where to start. Is it best to start at the roof and work down? I'm going to the mini plus in the northwest to help jump start me. Thanks again

Flashbulb wrote:

..... Is it best to start at the roof and work down? .....

I am not exactly sure what you mean. Do you mean how you lay it out in LOR?

I grouped all my channels in colors and then put them in order from Left side of the yard to right side of the yard. That way it was easier to create wipes without having to hurt your brain as much.

RichardH wrote:

I grouped all my channels in colors and then put them in order from Left side of the yard to right side of the yard. That way it was easier to create wipes without having to hurt your brain as much.

You answered my question perfectly. I started laying out my lights and ran into a bit of a situation. Lack of channels. Might have to make a further "contribution" to Light O Rama.:shock:

One thing I've done is to draw it onto a big peace of poster board and put it on the wall, as I play the music I start to see the movement of the light. It's a zin thing I know but LOR makes no promises to promote mental health I'm living proof of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Richard - did you have any LED's in your display this year - if so, where there any problems?

I had 112 channels last year and I am thinking of changing approx. 20,000 lights of 35,000 to LED's and I'm very unsure right now

Bill