Light-O-Rama Forums

Download my 2006 LOR Sequences

Guest guest

I had about 48 LED floods this last year but I really did not like them. They are nice since you can run so many and they hardly use any power compared to normal floods but you can not fade them. I also had some water problems with water getting inside them. If I use them again next year though I plan on putting ziplock bags over them to keep the water out.

-Richard

Bill Jr. wrote:

did you have any problems fading 100 ct. strands of LED lights?

I did not use any LED strings for my Christmas Display. Only LED floods.

I did though buy some orange LED lights from Wal-Greens for Halloween last year and they faded fine with LOR.

Bill Jr. wrote:

did you have any problems fading 100 ct. strands of LED lights?

I have used my LOR to fade single 35 count strands, single 70 count strands and 3-70 count strands (connected) of LED lights and did not have any problems with flickering last year.

I think you'll see the fade/flicker problem with the C7 and C9 LED screw in bulbs. I used some of them last year and didn't like them at all. They get moisture inside the sockets and throws the GFIs as well. I also had strings of LEDs (on my mega tree)and they worked great for fades and such.

Oh Richard, thanks a bunch for sharing your great work :waycool:.

Just my thoughts,

Tom

Richard: I want to thank you for sharing your sequences. Just the day before you posted them I purchased my LOR software to start practicing. Seeing your sequesnces and animation as well as your videos has helped me immensely. I would have never been as far along as I am without seing these. Since you have been so kind to share, I do have one question - where did you get your drums?

Can't wait to see your 2007 display.

Thanks again - Gary

elmochamp wrote:

Richard: I want to thank you for sharing your sequences. Just the day before you posted them I purchased my LOR software to start practicing. Seeing your sequesnces and animation as well as your videos has helped me immensely. I would have never been as far along as I am without seing these. Since you have been so kind to share, I do have one question - where did you get your drums?

Can't wait to see your 2007 display.

Thanks again - Gary

I bought them at Costco last year.

Richard,

I have watched each of your videos about a dozen times. They are fantastic. I am going to try to run 80 channels this year and I am going to use a couple of your ideas! I am doing about a dozen songs myself! I have a few questions for you!

1. What kind of trees do you have in the center and where did you get them? (The 9 up front)

2. How do you string your mega tree? Do you run a string of red up to the top then down the back, then a string of green up and down the back, etc, etc. When you have all your strings up how do you organize them into the channels to make the effects? I have never done a mega tree before!

3. When you put lights up on your roof, what kind of lights? Do you have the entire house strung with red lights, then the entire house strung with green lights etc. What would you suggest is the best light and way to sring them up and around my roof?

I am sure I'll more questions later, but I appreciate your time! Nice Job!

Art

MD88F/O wrote:

1. What kind of trees do you have in the center and where did you get them? (The 9 up front)

I bought those at Home Depot after Christmas in 2005 for 75% off so I got a really good deal on them. Each one has 1000 lights (pulling 3.3 amps each) on them. They are made of metal and really easy to set up and hardly take up any space to store. As you can tell by the video, I used floods to light them up red and green but this next year I plan on adding wrapping them in Red and Green lights. I already have a bunch of Red lights with White wire but still need to buy Green lights with White wire.

MD88F/O wrote:
2. How do you string your mega tree? Do you run a string of red up to the top then down the back, then a string of green up and down the back, etc, etc. When you have all your strings up how do you organize them into the channels to make the effects? I have never done a mega tree before!

I used 100ct Mini Lights and each one only went up to the top (and not back down). The tree was about 20 Feet high. I spaced each string a few inches apart (as you can see in the photo below.)

megatree-03.jpg

I only had 16 Channels total for my megatree so had to get creative on how to hook them up. I used 8 Channels for White and 4 or Red and 4 for Green. There was a total of 96 Strings or 32 Strings per Color.

For white I had 4 strings on one channel. Each Channel had 2 Strings on one side and another two on the exact opposite It was Controlled sort of like a Minus Sign (-). For Red and Green I had 8 Strings on each Channel. Every 90 Degrees I had 2 sets of strings hooked up for a total of 8 Strings hooked up sort of like a Plus Sign (+).

This allowed me to still do spins on few few Channels. This next year though I plan on having at least 8 Channels per Color on my Mega Tree so Each color will be controlled the same as I did as the White Color on last years megatree.

MD88F/O wrote:
3. When you put lights up on your roof, what kind of lights? Do you have the entire house strung with red lights, then the entire house strung with green lights etc. What would you suggest is the best light and way to sring them up and around my roof?

I used C9 Lights. I bought a Long 1000' spool from Action Lighting and cut them to the length that I need. I was able to use the built in Clip. Each socket was spaced 12" from each other and then I spaced each color 3" from each other.

c9-lights-02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

richard, i downloaded these files to MY DOC, VIDEOS. i can open the songs to play but i cannot open the lor files. i've tried to open with other programs but i think the .lms is the problem. how can i see the lor files? thanks Dino

Dino wrote:

richard, i downloaded these files to MY DOC, VIDEOS. i can open the songs to play but i cannot open the lor files. i've tried to open with other programs but i think the .lms is the problem. how can i see the lor files? thanks Dino

Dino,

You need to open the LMS file in the LOR Sequence Editor. If you do not have a version of the LOR Sequence Editor, then you can download the Demo version from the LOR web site.

i need more help Don, when i downloaded his files, i sent them to MT DOC,VIDEO.

i have the lor sequence editor 1.6.1, then i went to File then Open, at the Look In: i put My Doc then hit the Video , but i dont see any files in there. But when i get out and go to my doc and hit video, i see his files. am i downloading to right place or what am i doing wrong? thanks

Dino wrote:

i need more help Don, when i downloaded his files, i sent them to MT DOC,VIDEO.

i have the lor sequence editor 1.6.1, then i went to File then Open, at the Look In: i put My Doc then hit the Video , but i dont see any files in there. But when i get out and go to my doc and hit video, i see his files. am i downloading to right place or what am i doing wrong? thanks

Don't put them in "My Documents"

1) Download ZIP.
2) Unzip file to a temp directory.
3) Save LMS files to "(Your LOR Directory)/sequences"
4) Save the audio files to "(Your LOR Directory)/audio"

Open the sequence editor; "File -> Open" and select your sequence.

• 4 weeks later...

We are starting to do our first sequencing and have downloaded your sequences (thanks for the headstart!). We are using LOR controllers and have identified the channels for the specific lights. We made one animated sequence and now need to know how to put the channel configurations and the animation into other songs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gerald & Rosemary Corey

Hello Gerald and/or Rosemary,

First I would like to ask if you would please fill out your profile with at least a location (city & state). It helps us to better serve you in the area you might be living in.

On your sequence, the one you have created, go up to "edit", and "export channel configuration". This will allow you to label it what you want and save it where ever you want. When you create a new sequence, go back up to "edit" and "import channel configuration" and go to the file you saved it in. It's that simple.

Now if you plan to use the same timing for all your songs and same configuration, then just open the original sequence, save it as a new name, change the total time to the new song, import the new audio and clear out the total sequence. You'll still have your original channel config and won't have to hassle with going thru all the stuff when creating a new sequence, like how many channels, use mouse or tapper and so on. That's how I do it but either way will work just fine.

Edit: a channel config extension/file is .lcc - a musical sequence extension/file is .lms - and a animation sequence extension/file is .las - then there is an associated file extension/file for each sequence and it is .bak - these will be the different extensions/files you see at the end of a sequence/file in your LOR folders. So if you save you channel config to lets say, "christmas show", the file will actually be labeled "chistmas show.lcc".

Hope this helps,

Tom

About the LED Flood Lights, your opinion on them would be to avoid them because of the water issues or do you think a zip bag over them would help that? I wanted to get some for next year but am not sure now if they are going to be something that will be more trouble then I'll need at that time of year.

Duane

overeazy wrote:

About the LED Flood Lights, your opinion on them would be to avoid them because of the water issues or do you think a zip bag over them would help that? I wanted to get some for next year but am not sure now if they are going to be something that will be more trouble then I'll need at that time of year.

Duane

My biggest complaint was that they could not be dimmed. I am not sure what I am going to do for this year. If LOR comes out with a DC board, I might go that way.