Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 3 and EthConGateway ECG-dr4

jerrymac

I cant see why it would be any different than the other 1.31 devices. Setup the networks based on the hardware. I think Ponddude has the Etherdongle bridge, esentially the same idea. 4 DMX networks from 1 LAN port. Setup the networks in the new Advanced setup, adjust the hardware to the proper univereses, plug it all in and test.

Aussiephil did a video on connecting an ecg device to LOR S3 with e1.31, it may not actually cover the DR4 but then all E1.31 devices are similar in the way they are setup in the network from LOR, Whats different is that each controller will have a different hardware setup, but from LOR to the e1.31 controllers it should all be the same with both J1sys, Sandevices and RPM E1.31 hardware.

I got mine working fine. J1 systems has a video on the DMXRen8 which is very similare to the DR4. (mod: edited this embed so you have to click it. Otherwise it autoplays)

I currently have a small issue that I'm looking for an answer to.

My PC has two network cards, a wireless and a hardwired. I intended to use the wireless for connection to my home network while using the wire for connection to my ECG-DR4.

I have the E1.31 settings in LOR set for single cast going to 10.10.10.10 (default IP of the ECG-DR4). It works great when I have my wireless addapter disabled but when I enable it I no longer get connectivity for LOR to the DR4. I'm still able to ping it and go to the web setting page of the DR4 anytime whether the wireless adapter is enable or not. It seems like the LOR software is directing the network traffic to the wireless card whenever it is enabled.

I'm sure there is an order or priority setting but I haven't sat down and figured it out yet. I simply have the wireless card disable when I test.

I'm sure there is an order or priority setting but I haven't sat down and figured it out yet. I simply have the wireless card disable when I test.

Try taking the router address or gateway address out of your network card. This should fix the issue.