Light-O-Rama Forums
TJ Hvasta

User account space, pay to increase?

For other forums, I've gone to hosting stuff on my DropBox account. Since my business (which I own) bought a paid account ($99/year for 100 GB), my account has 125 GB of space which is plenty to host.

I see a point in having a file size limit, and that is to make sure that users aren't using the space to host "non-topic" items. However, for the cost of hosting space on the cheap, I do not agree with the 500K limit and would hope that someone at LOR would bump it up a little bit to a reasonable level (how is 5MB too much?). Do they expect us to host 5 files each time, and when we run out of space, to delete them and start over? I sure hope not.

Rainy, click on your name (top right of screen), choose My Settings, then left side, Manage Attachments, check which ones you want to kill off..

Thanks that was helpful!

Kind of like the oil change places that charge you a dollar for "recycling" your used motor oil.

It's a good thing they don't charge that here in NY!

Or just move to a facebook group.. ;D

Well Since some have banned me from the current Facebook group. I personally would stay here.

snapback.pngDave Pursel, on 13 August 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

Kind of like the oil change places that charge you a dollar for "recycling" your used motor oil.

It's a good thing they don't charge that here in NY!

They don't recycle the oil. It gets loaded throughout the year into a large tank, then used in an oil burner furnace to heat the garage in the winter. What a gig, hey!

Edited by scubado