Light-O-Rama Forums

Software required for 2 CCBs

mattpatt

Okay, I just went off the deep end and purchased two CCBs. So now I have a question about what software is required and I'm a little confused. I have two standard controllers, one DC controller and 2 CCBs. What is the recommended software package that supports all this? What's the minimal? Do I need superstar? If so, do I have to have the advanced license to have the Superstar add-on?

Thanks,

Matt

Ok, so basic will only allow you to run 2 unit IDs. You have 5 units, so you need at least Standard to run everything. If you plan on buying any more equipment, you may want to bite the bullet right now and go Advanced.

If you want the SuperStar add on, that is an additional cost. Superstar is optional, and you can use it with any level. Just remember you can't control more units than you have an S3 license for.

You can buy the superstar addon at any licence level. First of all basic has a max of 2 controllers, basic+ has a max of 4 controllers, standard has a max of 8 controllers and Advanced is unlimited controllers. As far as I know Controllers means all LOR controllable devices. (Except for DMX, for DMX you must have advanced.

Just bite the bullet and purchase the LOR advanced. You won't regret it and definitely get the super star software as well. You can program your stuff without it, but it's so much easier with the add on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

How does SuperStar Licence treat to other Cosmic RGB Devices. I have SS licence for 2CCRs and I just purchase a CCF making 3 RGB Devices. Will it work or do I have to upgrade SS to more CCRs.

Ron.

• The topic was locked