Light-O-Rama Forums

How many machines can I install S3 on?

eeek

Seems like a simple enough question. However, I don't see an answer anywhere. Now, the email with my license says it's a 5 seat, but I'd like to make sure. My goal is to work with this on my main machine and I am going to build a PC just for Halloween to run it on. I can't find an official answer for the amount of licenses I am granted. Thanks!

While we are usually accommodating when it comes to extending licenses, we do review your installations before giving additional seats.

While we are usually accommodating when it comes to extending licenses, we do review your installations before giving additional seats.

Mike - Thank You to yourself and all the others who made S3 such a wonderful piece of software. A job VERY well done.

Instead of using another seat, is there any way to move a licence to a new pc, I have a laptop that is failing and want to relocate the software to a new pc and scrap the old laptop

Thanks

Instead of using another seat, is there any way to move a licence to a new pc, I have a laptop that is failing and want to relocate the software to a new pc and scrap the old laptop

Thanks

In this case you would be using another seat. There isn't a way to transfer a seat from one PC to another.

In this case you would be using another seat. There isn't a way to transfer a seat from one PC to another.

That makes me wonder if it's time for another feature request. The ability to authorize/deauthorize computers for this scenario (and probably others). If I need to replace an LOR computer (for whatever reason - it's dying, I need more processing power, or just 'cause), I can just deauthorize it to free up one license seat and then authorize the new one.

Edited by Aaron Maue

I think Bob has stated in the past that it's not something that's in the current licensing system. I don't know if it's software based, or the actual license software, but it's not something available to them. (Again, if memory serves me correctly. I could be wrong.)

However, as also mentioned in this thread LOR is accommodating with the license seats. Getting in touch with Support will usually yield an increase in seats.