Light-O-Rama Forums

Ribbon length in Auto sequencer

john southeast iowa

I've got a 12 x 25 matrix(6 strings of 50) in the works and been playing with the auto sequencer and not having any luck getting it to work with the half ribbon length. It will only give me 6 rows and not the full matrix. Am I missing something or is this not possible(please say it is possible!...lol)? I notice in some of the tutorials that the patterns are sometimes in "fives" where if this is the case my matrix will not be balanced with one of the five being were the string is doubled back. Looking forword to the "Images and Animation" tutorial as the other have been a great help!

Thanks Brian for this fantastic software!

Be sure you have done the following:

1) Click on the Tools menu and select Layout

2) Select CCR/CCB/Firefli Mode

3) Set Nbr of CCRs/CCBs or Fireflies to 6

4) Set Light Type to CCRs

5) Set ribbon orientation to vertical or horizontal

6) Set Ribbon Shape to Straight

7) Set Ribbon Length to Half

8) Location of Ribbon Controllers (either one)

To see a diagram of how the ribbons and controllers are expected to be laid out, Click on the Help menu and select Contents

In the Help system, go to SuperStar Sequencer / Customer Sequences / Layout Dialog Box

If it still does not work as expected, let me know

I set up a new sequence with the settings as above which was what I was using and it does the same thing as before. It only gives me the bottom 6 ribbons of my matrix using instant sequence, but I can use the morph tool and add 1a and 1b to the top ribbon of the 12 showing(matrix is 12x25) and 2a and 2b to the bottom and get a morph that drops from top to bottom while the bottom 6 are the only ones that are instant sequenced and they play as the morph drops thru. Feel free to message me and I can send you what I've got. Thanks!

Update!! I tried a different song and it now works and gives me all 12 lines of my matrix. I was using "Nutrocker" an went to "Wizards in Winter". I played Nutrocker completly thru and had only 6 lines even with the sensitivty set on 10 and freq relative. On Wizards in Winter it's set on 5 and volume relative. Thanks!

Update #2! I discovered why I was getting all 12 lines on the matrix is that I have all 12 ribbons assigned to a TCM number. When I set it up with only 6 ribbons which my matrix is and have 7 thru 12 as "none" it's back to only giving me 6 lines of the matrix.

Good, sounds like you have it figured out. So are you saying that as long as you have a TCM assigned to all 12 ribbons, then "Nutrocker" works also?

Good, sounds like you have it figured out. So are you saying that as long as you have a TCM assigned to all 12 ribbons, then "Nutrocker" works also?

Yes, with 12 ribbons assigned it works in "Nutrocker". So does this mean that even tho I'm only using 6 ribbons in halves you have to assign 12 ribbons for the TCM assignments? I wish I was farther along to do some testing. I'm using GECE pixels(6 strings of 50) and controlling them with an E861.

Thinking....are the 12 ribbons actually 6 sets of half ribbons? and does checking on the TCM assignments give control over half of the ribbon. Ribbon 1 would be the first half(25) and ribbon 2 the second half(25) of the first complete string of 50 pixels.

Yes, you are correct. I know it can be confusing, but the way I have the code working is that the code thinks of each half ribbon being its own ribbon. And so all the Instant Sequence settings will be as if you have 12 ribbons.

Yes, you are correct. I know it can be confusing, but the way I have the code working is that the code thinks of each half ribbon being its own ribbon. And so all the Instant Sequence settings will be as if you have 12 ribbons.

Fantastic!!!!! Thanks Brian