Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Bulbs/pixels/ribbon

mmaness

With the LOR sale just days away, I'm trying to decide which way I want to go in lighting up the roof line and some arches.

So I'm wondering which would be better for the roof line - CCBs (assuming they're released for the sale), CCPs, or CCRs?

Same for the arches. I've seen an example in using CCPs for an arch (putting the CCPs in clear plastic tubing).

A CCR along the roof line might be a bit pricey, plus my roof line doesn't lend itself to 16 ft increments, so I'll have some CCR that is wasted and not used. It might have maximum impact over CCB or CCP, but it'll be more expensive, I believe.

Anyway, just wondering what others think. I'm after max impact, of course, but within a reasonable budget.

I'm sure others will offers ways to save money, but respecting the question is a look and feel questions i'll try and answer on topic.

C7,C9 type incans have long been used in the US for roof, gutter, window outlining and in that respect the CCP will provide the more traditional bulb look. (aren't CCP and CCB the same thing).

RGB Strip like CCR is far more commonly used in Australia for outlining as we have traditional used rope lights for oultining duties.

I personally prefer strip type but it's what i'm used to.

Strip (even CCR) can be cut into shorter sections to get around corners etc so the 16' thing is not a huge issue if you can use a soldering iron.

As for arches, i'm personally using strip inside tube, initial testing video can be seen here -> http://vimeo.com/36624413

Cheers

Phil

As Phil said, if you want the traditional (US) look, but with the RGB capability, the CCB is the way to go, you will get 50' of lighted length. The CCB has what looks to be a fat based C9 facet cover to it, whereas the CCP is the pixels we have been used to seeing lately (the CCB looks more like a GECE i believe). The CCB will give you more lighted length for your dollar than the CCR i believe.

I myself prefer the Bulb look for outlining a roof/house.

specs for CCBs and CCPs are in http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/CB100D.pdf guess is that they are effectively the same guts, with a different package around them.

Edited by heystew

As for arches, i'm personally using strip inside tube

Cheers

Phil

Is that Pex tubing used on the arch, or something else?

Edited by Ron Boyd

• 1 year later...

i wander if you can help me with another problem I bought a CB100D Colour Bulps and its running infirm ware 1.16 which is the latest but when i test the lights only lite on on the first 5 of the string on one side only. What do you think i"am doing wrong

If your running the chase in the hardware utility, your not doing anything wrong. That test only runs through the first 16 channels, which is about 5 pixels. Go ahead and write a quick sequence that uses all the pixels, it will probably work.

• The topic was locked