Light-O-Rama Forums

Question Regarding Networking And E131 Devices

GaryM

Donny is on several holiday decorating forums and FB pages. You can check out the members list for the forum/FB page you are interested to see if he is on.

I meant here, but ok, thanks.

Donny used to be on the LOR forums but I just looked and I don't see his username anymore. He was a very active knowledgeable member on here for several years. I hope all is OK with him.

Guest Don Gillespie

Donny used to be on the LOR forums but I just looked and I don't see his username anymore. He was a very active knowledgeable member on here for several years. I hope all is OK with him.

Agreed Donny helped me out an awful lot with my dispaly, his knowledge is priceless, and I also hope nothing has happened to him, has anyone else heard anything about Donny Carter??

Guest Don Gillespie

post 18 in this thread.

Fantastic can't wait to see this, I will be camping this weekend as it is a long weekend so if I don't get to see it is there a recap some where a guy can look at later?

I'm looking forward to seeing his presentation on friday night.

So you can put a face with a voice, he is shown here in the "Show your face" thread (for some reason under the ID "Guest_01)

(ironically right above Guest_guest_*, the artist formerly known as Orville. Wonder if they were friends and decided to leave together? Maybe they are hanging out on PC more now?)

http://forums.lighto...175#entry136728

Edited by Surfing4Dough

I agree, "Where is Donny carter"?? He did email me last year and helped alot. Have not seen or heard from him in awhile. Such a shame to not have someone with his knowledge and expertise here any more. Has anybody gotten any emails or heard from him at all????

You know come to think of it I hadn't heard from Donny in a while. I bought some stuff from him last year great guy to deal with, and alot of knowledge.

Donny's in time out? I thought that only lasted three days or something... or am I getting him confused with Don G? I miss Donny too. I wonder what he did? Once you accept the fact that under his gruff exterior there's an equally gruff interior, he's not such a bad guy. Sure knows a lot about pixels - maybe LOR is hiring him and hasn't let the cat out of the bag yet.

Donny is doing well, he has been on the online minis in recent weeks and he has been around on other forums.

This weekend Donny will be showing off the Sandevices controllers whilst AussiePhil will be showing off the J1SYS controllers during the online mini (Friday night US time), so this is a great opportunity for people to see them side by side and make their own educated decisions instead of listening to people who chose to use their signiture as a sales pitch and make false claims.

Edited by edvas69

I thought he started using LSP? He was a great help when I was trying to figure out RGB and even not being part in software, would still be nice for his input. Hope he can come back soon. He helped me tons, I know he can do the same for many more.

Edited by GoofyGuy

Guest wbottomley

I guess when you lock a customer out, they have no choice but to go somewhere else. I almost had to do that a few months ago until Dan resolved the issue.

• Like 1

I thought he started using LSP? He was a great help when I was trying to figure out RGB and even not being part in software, would still be nice for his input. Hope he can come back soon. He helped me tons, I know he can do the same for many more.

I wonder why he started using LSP rather than LOR software? I wonder what he found was better about LSP compared to LOR? Might have to look into it to see if it is a better option these days.

After last week's Online Mini Conference, Donny mentioned something about switching to LSP because it made his sequencing of all of his RGB pixels faster and easier. He is presenting in the "E1.31 controllers and bridges" Online Mini Conference tonight (8pm Central).

http://www.timeandda...18&p1=1956&ah=3

.... so this is a great opportunity for people to see them side by side and make their own educated decisions instead of listening to people who chose to use their signiture as a sales pitch and make false claims.

I agree Eddy, but to be perfectly fair and objective (and I think you would agree) this also applies to folks who choose to chime in on threads and recommend a given device/application, when the question at hand was not related to a specific device or application.

That seems to happen all too often these days on many of the forums/internet discussion groups....

At times it seems to boil down to the old "I own it, so this is why it's better" argument, which is why especially newbies have to bear that in mind when making decisions.

Thanks for taking the time to present this online for folks to view!

Greg