Light-O-Rama Forums

Few Questions About Rgb

mattpatt

Where can I purchase the E1.31 controllers..? And, to confirm, how do they connect into the environment..? I am using the standalone MP3 Director, I am assuming that these would work with that, too..?

You can get some info on E1.31 from reading this presentation

The controller selection has not been updated to include the E682 as of yet

But if you are using the MP3 player then the best way to get E1.31 is to use the ELOR which has already been mentioned. But take note that the ELOR will output 4 universes of E1.31 so using or buying the ecg-p12r will be a waste of money as this has the ability to recieve 12 universes of data which the ELOR wont output. I think the best choice would be to use the ECG-P2 controller, it still can output 8 universes but has 2 outputs (4 universes per output with upcoming firmware release) and is only around $70, or else consider the E681 which is 4 universes but a bit more expensive.

But take note that the ELOR will output 4 universes of E1.31 so using or buying the ecg-p12r will be a waste of money as this has the ability to recieve 12 universes of data which the ELOR wont output.

You could use multiple ELOR devices, all connected to the same LOR network and an Ethernet switch. The first one you would leave to the default universe 1, the 2nd to universe 5, etc.

• 2 months later...

So i just went through the E1.31 presentation. Nice job with the write up.

Is there anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth (TEXAS) area that uses this kind of setup that would be willing to give me a walk through of their setup?

If this is going to save me from having to zip tie and build RGB strings for all of props, I think it's time to switch.

Probably a dumb question but? Sorry I need to wrap my head around this before I do it.

1.) What are the distances that can be run between (Computer-->Network Switch-->Pixel controllers-->pixels) for Cat5.

2.) Is it like the LOR controllers (400') or much less?

3.) The power injection comes from the controller? (So power to controller, then multiple powers out each pixel string)

4.) Is there a write up for the setup using LOR S3? (setting IP's for controllers)

5.) Am I correct in understanding that surtain pixels go with surtain controllers?

If you can point me in the right direction I'm more than happy to read.

Thanks,

Daniel

Edited by dknahoolewa

Guest wbottomley

1.) What are the distances that can be run between (Computer-->Network Switch-->Pixel controllers-->pixels) for Cat5. You need to understand networking rules.

2.) Is it like the LOR controllers (400') or much less? LOR controllers can run 4000 feet.

3.) The power injection comes from the controller? (So power to controller, then multiple powers out each pixel string) It depends on the type of setup you're using.

4.) Is there a write up for the setup using LOR S3? (setting IP's for controllers) Not that I know of. It's third party hardware.

5.) Am I correct in understanding that surtain pixels go with surtain controllers? yes and no. Depends what the hardware manufacturer supports.

If you can point me in the right direction I'm more than happy to read. DIYC