Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone Else Doing A Pvc Superstar 12 Ccr Tree?

jimswinder

Are you guys laying your tree straight up and down (flat) or is it coming down at an angle towards the street?

Are you guys laying your tree straight up and down (flat) or is it coming down at an angle towards the street?

Mine is at an angle...

What is the spacing at the top/bottom between ribbons?

Mine is as close as you can get 3/4" PVC at the top and 6" On Center at the bottom...I thought the closer they were the better the "graphics" would look...

Has anyone tried 1/2" EMT instead of PVC? It's fairly lightweight and is ridgid compared with PVC. Price is about the same and comes in 10' lenghts. It can be conected with couplers that screw into the pipe and can be un-done for storage. Just a thought. John

Yes i've given this some thought. I tried rope yesterday but just as i suspected, it want's to twist. PVC is really not an option for me here in the desert as the heat would cause it to warp very quickly, even with several braces. With EMT it wouldn't warp and would always be in a straight line, even if the wind was blowing. Storage would be a piece of cake! I don't see any negatives to this.

Yes i've given this some thought. I tried rope yesterday but just as i suspected, it want's to twist. PVC is really not an option for me here in the desert as the heat would cause it to warp very quickly, even with several braces. With EMT it wouldn't warp and would always be in a straight line, even if the wind was blowing. Storage would be a piece of cake! I don't see any negatives to this.

I built a 8 ray tree from 3/4" emt and it ended up being kind of heavy. Hard to move around with one person. It was very rigid though. I think 1/2" would have been quite a bit lighter, but then again you folks are talking about a 12 string tree. That's 4 more rays. Probably be the same weight as my 8 using 3/4". Just a thought.

Good point, but i should have mentioned that my tree is only 6 ribbons. 6 CCR's shouldn't be too heavy.

• The topic was locked