Light-O-Rama Forums

How To Export Papagayo Secuence To Lor? Any Ideas?

mixnight

You need bob's conversion program.

find it here.

http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

be sure and thank BOB for such great stuff/

save it to one of the clipboards then paste into the sequence.

I've run papagayo and exported the voice file. When I open Papagayo to LOR and try to load the papgayo exported voice file I receive an error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" nothing loads to format the channels as shown in Bob's video to subsequently send to LOR clipboard. What am I doing wrong???

I've run papagayo and exported the voice file. When I open Papagayo to LOR and try to load the papgayo exported voice file I receive an error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" nothing loads to format the channels as shown in Bob's video to subsequently send to LOR clipboard. What am I doing wrong???

Unable to recreate that error. Please be sure that you have permissions set to allow write to the papagayo folder. Please try it again and take a screen snap of the error and settings and PM it to me.

The picture set and channels should be entered before you try to select a file.

Cheers TJ Is there anyway to sort it I have a brand new laptop with i5-460m processor,hd led graphics and 6 gb memory I thought that would run it ok

Sorry Dig, it isnt a matter of hardware.. you could be running a Cray and it'd still do it.. Only way to see what it really looks like, is to run the sequence thru real lights. Saturday I was over at John Slade's place, we were looking at this very thing and the Visualizer lag isnt across every channel or element either, only some of them, so skewing the audio forwards or backwards wont fix it.

Edited by TJ Hvasta

Sorry Dig, it isnt a matter of hardware.. you could be running a Cray and it'd still do it.. Only way to see what it really looks like, is to run the sequence thru real lights. Saturday I was over at John Slade's place, we were looking at this very thing and the Visualizer lag isnt across every channel or element either, only some of them, so skewing the audio forwards or backwards wont fix it.

Would you be able to share your sequence or video it? We could then see if the lag is related at all to the pasted voice.

Cheers tj I'll just keep running it through the animation on SE as it seems to run ok there

Bobo it's far from ready for anyone to see yet to be honest it's still a complete mess and needs a lot of TLC but once it's ready for public view I'll be more than happy to share

Dan

• 5 months later...

ItsMeBobO(or anyone else that can help),

I started using Papagayo, and I guess I missing something.  I watched the Papagayo to LORI  video. I can't seem to find the Papagayo translator.  Is that a separate program I need to download or is that built into Papagayo and I'm having a senior moment?  I did checks Bob's site.  http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

Thanks,

Donald

• 2 weeks later...

Bob, first thanks for making the software available!  Great time saving stuff.

I am trying to get my mind around using Papagayo and the "How To" video will only play about 3 minutes for me and then closes (not sure why).  In doing my best to figure it (PG) out, I am getting an error on the Papagayo to LOR Translator; when opened it states "Unable to find ini file - The INI can not be written to mouth folder.  This program must close." 

I feel certain it is something I am missing, I'm just not finding or understanding it.  I have tried opening the translator from the program folder (PapagayoMOD) and from the desktop, both with the same error message.

Thanks again!

Bob, first thanks for making the software available!  Great time saving stuff.

I am trying to get my mind around using Papagayo and the "How To" video will only play about 3 minutes for me and then closes (not sure why).  In doing my best to figure it (PG) out, I am getting an error on the Papagayo to LOR Translator; when opened it states "Unable to find ini file - The INI can not be written to mouth folder.  This program must close." 

I feel certain it is something I am missing, I'm just not finding or understanding it.  I have tried opening the translator from the program folder (PapagayoMOD) and from the desktop, both with the same error message.

Thanks again!

The settings are stored in a file with the extension .ini      When I created that program I somehow thought people may want to share their settings so I made it easier by using a file.   That will corrected someday so that wont happen.  

The problem is the Papagayo to lor program is running from a folder it can not write a file to.   Probably your desktop or download folder.  Please move it to the same folder as the papagayo program.   Then create a desktop shortcut so you can run it without looking for it there. 

I'd like to suggest a tip for folks having problems sync'ing audio to pasted sequence. Put a "dummy" phoneme at the very start and end of the segment you're working on, I use an "oh". It really helps to find where to place the cursor before pasting.

• 4 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2013 at 7:36 AM, ItsMeBobO said:

The settings are stored in a file with the extension .ini      When I created that program I somehow thought people may want to share their settings so I made it easier by using a file.   That will corrected someday so that wont happen.  

The problem is the Papagayo to lor program is running from a folder it can not write a file to.   Probably your desktop or download folder.  Please move it to the same folder as the papagayo program.   Then create a desktop shortcut so you can run it without looking for it there. 

Bob, I'm new to using Papagayo and love your tutorials. However, I'm hoping you can help me. I can seem to get the Export Voice to work. I have everything completed and then export the voice to save, then when I click on "Load Papagayo exported voice" the folder is all blank. So, it can't upload. What am I doing wrong? am I missing a step here someplace? HELP

The version of Papagayo are you using could be confusing things.    The  "Papagayo to LOR"  program has to look around the folders to find where Papagayo puts the files.   If you have installed and used more than one version of papagayo there could be more than one place to find the file but it stops looking at the first one.      I think all the versions of papagayo will allow you to navigate to your desired folder to save the exported file.  And  Papa2LOR will allow you to navigate to the same folder to open the file.   Just the default locations are not the same.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked