Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer Playing Channels Incorrectly

jimswinder

Been trying to solve this for several hours now..so it MUST be something simple...

Background:

In Visualizer, my Mega Arch #3 has it's second segment Mega Arch White 3.2 (Unit 17 Channel 13: Channel Color is White) activating, though no events for the Arch.

I have discovered what IS activating it is my Eaves Minis Red (Unit 23 Channel 13: Channel Color is RED).

I have deleted any events in the Mega Arch White 3.2 (Unit 17 Channel 13: Channel Color is White) to make sure there is nothing there.

Run the sequence, that segment goes off.

Delete all the events in Eaves Minis Red (Unit 23 Channel 13: Channel Color is RED), that arch segment no longer lights.

Have checked and double checked both ID settings, and they are as stated above (and in Pic attached)

Even ran and printed out the Channel Configuration...saw nothing duplicated.

Running 3.5.0 Advanced

Obviously I am missing something...

Hi Jim,

I am just wondering why you would have a red eves channel in the middle of a mega white arch, but that is neither here nor there. You could try hooking up the 2 controllers in question and verify they are in fact firing incorrectly. I had a sequence that I had converted to the xlights program and it showed 3 channels as being duplicates, but in playing with the controllers they worked fine.

Hi Jim,

I am just wondering why you would have a red eves channel in the middle of a mega white arch, but that is neither here nor there.

I just moved it up there to get a screen shot...

Don't know if it will help or not but, did you try running the verifier?

Not yet...didn't have any shows scheduled as this was the first sequence that I had started copying and pasting into my 2012 configuration.

Will set up a show and do that...

EDIT: Nope...Verifier didn't find any problems...other than a list on Non-Used channels.

Edited by jimswinder

This morning I even deleted any connection to any channels to that segment of the arch in the Fixture Properties...and it still plays.

Guess I will need to hook up the actual controllers and see if it still happens...

I have an Idea, Are you converting a file using someone elses .lms file. If so pull up the channel configuration and scroll through your channels into the other channels.

I have an Idea, Are you converting a file using someone elses .lms file. If so pull up the channel configuration and scroll through your channels into the other channels.

Nope...mine from the last few years...though I have changed the Channel Configuration for this year,

Did you get it figured out Jim??

Nope...not yet. I need to actually hook up a controller and see if it acts the same...will try to do that tonight.

Though I have noticed on another song I have copied (mine from last year), some of the segments in my Mini Arches are doing the same thing (No mini arches in the original post sequence) AND the same segment in the Mega Arch...

Edited by jimswinder

I just noticed that you have in the eaves mini, "part of prop"= none but in the mega arch you have is as "mega arch??".. I wonder if you change that to none, it will make a difference. Just a shot in the dark here.

I just noticed that you have in the eaves mini, "part of prop"= none but in the mega arch you have is as "mega arch??".. I wonder if you change that to none, it will make a difference. Just a shot in the dark here.

Isn't that because that arch has 9 segments so that one segment (Mega Arch 3 #2) is part of a larger prop...while my Eaves Minis is just one string of lights?

Heck, I don't know, was just a shot in the dark. Can't think of anything else, oh wait, "Calling Devmike, Calling Devmike, pick up this thread and help Jim before he falls over or something.

If you want to post the .lee file Jim, maybe someone will be able to duplicate/find the problem. Did you look at the error log by chance? Does it show anything?

Edited by bisquit476

I'm waiting for his actual controller test. I'll bet it's doing the same thing as the Visualizer :)

So if it does the same thing, what do you think the problem would be? Would that mean it is in the vis setup somewhere?

I'm waiting for his actual controller test. I'll bet it's doing the same thing as the Visualizer :)

Sorry...didn't get to it last night. Too many things on my plate as usual. Will try and dig out my controllers tonight and do a test.

So if it does the same thing, what do you think the problem would be? Would that mean it is in the vis setup somewhere?

That would tell me the problem is in his sequence. If it doesn't do the same thing, then the problem is in his Visualizer file.

Posting the .lee and .lms would allow us to figure it out, but I'm all for people doing their own troubleshooting first.

That would tell me the problem is in his sequence. If it doesn't do the same thing, then the problem is in his Visualizer file.

Posting the .lee and .lms would allow us to figure it out, but I'm all for people doing their own troubleshooting first.

Got it. Thanks, makes sense now.

I will post them tonight after I have tested with the controllers...but per the pics I posted, doesn't it look as though the Channel Configuration/Visualizer is correct (not duplicated)?

I am wondering (and will check tonight) if my last years Channel Configuration and Visualizer had the two channels in question reversed...because I did move and reconfigure most of my controllers around for this year.

Edited by jimswinder