Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP!

Guest guest

Sorry guys i know there is probably a post already but i cant find it

i have music but no lights... reset board boards a few times... does the cold weather have somethign to do with it any help would be great! I ahve cars stopping help ASAP thanks

Power off
Reset channels to 0-0
Power on
Power off
Reset Channels to original setting.

Don't recall exactly where the 10 seconds comes in. Though if you waited 10 seconds between each step, you'd be fine.

Joe, it's got to be a comm cord. This happened to me during the Christmas season. Unplug the other controllers comm cord after controller #1 (leaving controller #1 hooked up and see what happens.

Good luck,

Tom

Do you have a solid LED on your controllers? If its, you dont' have communication.

Cold shouldn't hurt your controllers or your cables. Of course, something could have gotten shifted while being frozen and broken a wire, etc...

What I would do is bring a controller inside, near the computer, and use a known-good cable to see if you can get a solid light. If not, you know you have a software config issues, or an issue with your "dongle" (PC interface)

-Tim

Santas Helper wrote:

Joe, it's got to be a comm cord. This happened to me during the Christmas season. Unplug the other controllers comm cord after controller #1 (leaving controller #1 hooked up and see what happens.

Good luck,

Tom

Joe, if unplugging the comm cord from the out side of controller #1 and lights to that controller works, then the comm cord going to controller #2 is bad. If controller #1 isn't working, then run a different cable to controller #1. If any of those comm cables are bad, they could effect all the controllers.

It might be a connector to either end of the cables or an exposed wire within the line.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Joe Petrowski wrote:

i cant test the cat5 cable that goes from computer to outside... i need atleast 50 feet

Well you have two options: Buy a cheap cable tester (you can get them online for <$20, or in stores for <$40). They are splittable so that one end goes on one end of the cable and sends a signal, and the other goes on the other end and reads the signal, so length doesn't matter.

Other option is to bring a controller inside like I suggested above.

I supose a third option is to get a new 50' cable and replace it, and see if the situation improves.

Good luck,
-Tim

If you have 2 controllers for the display. Disconnect the comm cord to the #2 controller and see if you get a blinking light on controller #1 (like Tim mentioned). I bet it's one of those comm cords. Make all connections are in good too. especially from the computer.

Tom

tfischer wrote:

I supose a third option is to get a new 50' cable and replace it, and see if the situation improves.

Good luck,
-Tim

A spare cable wouldn't be a bad idea either for the future.

Tom

Joe Petrowski wrote:

i have a anoter LOR plugged it into the computer and no connection i think it is the usb adapter thing to the cat 5

Has this configuration ever worked? that is, was it working, then stopped working suddenly? If so, did anything change?

Barring anything more obvioius, I'd try reinstalling the drivers for the USB 'dongle'.

This is, of course, assuming you tried a known-good cable for the test in the quote above.

-Tim

OK I have no energy left....thanks everyone. I will look into with out pressure tomarrow..i am going make a voice over about the problem.... thanks again... i will look into it after the 10 thanks