Light-O-Rama Forums

New Profile Option - Software Version

Don

You now have the ability to select which version of software you are running when editing your profile. This option will show up in every post you make, which will help others when giving you advice. As you are aware, there are many features in the software. If someone is giving you advice based on 3.3.0 and you are running 2.7.6, it might not be of help to you.

Hopefully, this profile option will make some of the troubleshooting a little easier on everyone.

To select your software version, simple edit your profile. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and select your version from the drop-down menu.

If you use this, why must you put in occupation, how I learned about LOR and favorite holiday??? :blink:

If you use this, why must you put in occupation, how I learned about LOR and favorite holiday??? :blink:

Just because they are a required field doesn't mean you have to have anything relevant in there. For example: My profile.

Personally, I think people the software version should be visible in the post header, just like the location. Both are highly relevant to many issues or questions.

Those required fields kinda stink. Of course I put a quick "something here" in each required field. So the question becomes, why make these fields required to begin with?

Those required fields kinda stink. Of course I put a quick "something here" in each required field. So the question becomes, why make these fields required to begin with?

But no software version listed????

Its in your info Pete

I meant that mmanness did not put it in even thou he put the rest of the stuff in.

To be honest, I think that the title of this topic should be "New Profile Requirement" because it is most certaintly not an option. On the bright side, all you have to do is type a full stop into the text box to avoid the requirement :).

To be honest, I think that the title of this topic should be "New Profile Requirement" because it is most certaintly not an option. On the bright side, all you have to do is type a full stop into the text box to avoid the requirement :).

actually I noticed when i updated my profile a week or two ago that it required the new fields be filled in, so it was there before this field (sw version) was added.

Why not have a level in there as well. We can ramble on for hours on DMX, 1.31, Tracks, and so on to somone with a basic license that is trying to setup a DMX universe?

Why not have a level in there as well. We can ramble on for hours on DMX, 1.31, Tracks, and so on to somone with a basic license that is trying to setup a DMX universe?

It's a fine line between adding too much information under the names, and relevant information. The software license level is now an option in the profile, but will not appear on the posts. Let's see how it goes, and revisit it in a few months.

Guest wbottomley

Don... I would ask to make a user understanding option. But... it would be better if it was LOR User: 1 year, 2 years, and so on. This would fit nicely in the post bit info. By knowing their years of usage, we could better answer their questions in a language they would understand - newbie vs. expert.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked