Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting Up E1.31

dougd

n_gifford

how did you go with the winsock error. i have the same problem right now on a new PC running 1.31.

Send me a pm, and I'll fill you in. I plan to share the details publicly once I've determined they don't break any forum rules. Sorry, I'm still new here... :)

Remember to open that port in your firewall.

That was the first thing windows firewall asked for....

So, everything is working 100%. I fully configured 2 universes and ran through some tests until about 1:30 this morning. The lights are lighting up!

Nick was nice enough to send us the details of what he did to get around the issue. Hopefully some time early this week we will be taking his instructions and creating an official type document.

We're also looking at what the root cause of this is so hopefully we can do something about it in the future.

Guest wbottomley

Nick was nice enough to send us the details of what he did to get around the issue. Hopefully some time early this week we will be taking his instructions and creating an official type document.

We're also looking at what the root cause of this is so hopefully we can do something about it in the future.

Do I hear 3.8.2 in the works?

Do I hear 3.8.2 in the works?

If we were the root cause then absolutely! -- I would push to have it out ASAP.

The problem is, it's not us it's the darn driver install. We do everything the chip-set mfg says to do, and it doesn't install all the way.

Tomorrow I have to re-build one of the test machines here with a clean install of Windows, since I've had USB485s on all of them at one time or another. Then I'm going to work through Nick's solution and ensure we can duplicate. From there I'll write up a how-to and get it posted for the world.

Ok, so with Nick's help, we've been pointed in the right direction. I've also found the root cause and a couple of solutions. The good news is that it is something we can take care of in the installation process. The bad news is, I don't know when we're going to be able to do another build, so it's going to be manual for now.

I've got some very simple instructions that I'll be posting at the top of the E131 board, along with a download link to an official DLL. (Reader's digest: Copy ftd2xx.dll into SysWOW64 (x64) or system32 (x86), and reboot. If you are using E1.31, you should have enough expertise to follow the directions :P

Awesome! No more difficult than installing device drivers, so it seems like a legitimate fix to me until the next build is released.

OK

my problems:

The fix that Nick put together seemed to work at first. Had not tested in anger, had all looking good from control panel and listener, until late last night; after I sent Nick a PM to say that all was working.

• The fix got rid of the 10061 error.
  • Once I connected up some lights (using 1.31) and went to test I started getting a 10053 error.
  • hooked up the usb dongle and connected a LOR card to test
  • Not long after that I started to get the 10061 error occasionally
  • Can not run any lights.
  • Can connect to 1.31 devices and operate lights via web portal (J1SYS devices) and can connect to the LOR card by the HW utility
  • cannot output from the editor to the lights.
  • Pixel toy will operate the lights

Have configured and/or shut down the firewall

PC connect to switch connected to 3x 1.31 controllers

New PC 8core AMD, Win 7, 16GB ram, GB NIC, USB3

Doug

Edited by DougieB

OK

upgraded to V3.8, repeated instructions using DevMikes DLL file and everything is now working

THanks to Nick for solving this little issue

I have added a link at AusChristmasLights to Mikes post

Thanks

Doug

Edited by DougieB

Sorry I missed your PM, but happy it actually is working! Mike definitely provided a much cleaner solution than the one I came up with.... :)