Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting Up E1.31

dougd

I am trying to setup my E681 device. Through normal test stuff everything works. In network settings of LOR I am using multicast and it gave the first universe an ip of, 239.255.0.1 using port 5568.

When I start the LOR control panel it get the following error repeated every 3 seconds or so.

DMX Listener Error 3: COMM Winsock Error / 10061: Connection is forcefully rejected.

I know I must be doing something wrong but havent been able to figure it out yet. Any help would be graciously appriciated.

Thanks.

OK, a bit more info. The com listener was not auto starting, when I go the LOR folder and try to manually start the program, I get a missing dll error. FTD2XX.dll is missing from your computer. I will try and find that file next.

Ok, problem solved. This was a brand new computer. I had never run anything LOR on it yet. Apperently that dll is installed when you install the drivers for the USB485 controller. I installed those drivers and everything started working.

do you have the USB485 setup for one of your networks to be looking for that driver? Or were you only using 1.31 setups and it still searched them out? Also did you have the control panel running?

Edited by GoofyGuy

This was a new computer with a new install of S3. I had not used any normal conrollers yet. The only thing I didnt do was install the drivers for the usb 485 dongle. The comm listener aperently need a file from the driver that is installed when you install the usb dongle. Without that dll the com listener would not even start. Control panel was running and giving the error in the first post. I didnt realize the comm listener wasnt running at first, when I tried to manually start I got the dll error.

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool, so that driver should be packed up with the 3.5 install. Thank you for the quick reply, will save me a headache later as I know I wont be able to figure it out.

I have not had a chance yet to talk to Bob about this. Sorry. We're kinda crazy at the moment. For now we'll have to remember to install a dongle.

• 2 months later...

This one just bit me with a new computer and no dongles connected. Only planned to do E1.31 from this machine.

All is well now that I connected a dongle and installed the drivers.

I think this is a good post to be pinned. When I setup my board for testing, I had a vague recollection about reading this and plugged an adapter in when I didn't get a response the first time. I was lucky. Most time my memory doesn't work that well.

Would it be a good idea to have the S3 installer (perhaps optionally) install the FTD drivers for you? Seems like it would eliminate some confusion, and most LOR users are going to need them...

From what I have seen, it's not so much the installation of the drivers, it's getting Windows to FINISH the installation of the drivers. You can install them all day long and still have the problem until you hook up the USB485. Only then will Windows decide to finish installing the drivers and things begin to work.

for me I had to go download the drivers. When I plugged in the RS485 it failed install and I had to go manually locate the drivers.

Maybe they were there somewhere and I just didn't need to look.

Fresh from the factory machine with Win7 64bit home premium

Please help! Is it possible to manually install the drivers WITHOUT a USB485 adapter? All of my hardware is E1.31, and I don't have any actualy LOR hardware. I continue to get the same error as described in the OP after trying to install the latest drivers from the help desk page.

So far, I love LOR S3 since coming from 'other' software, but this issue is getting a little frustrating. I just want the lights to light up!

Sorry if this ends up as a double post. I posted the last response from my phone, but I don't know if it actually went through (First 2 posts must be approved by moderator).

I've defined the comm port as 'none', and I'm still having the same problem. As soon as I configure a universe as E1.31 with multicast, I receive the same error as the original post. Then I can't access anything in the LOR Control Panel until I kill the LOR process and reconfigure the network preferences to eliminate the E1.31.

OK, I'm pretty excited! I think I may have gotten it to work. I'm headed to the garage to do some real-world testing, then I'll report back with findings. If it works, this is going to be a late night..... :)

n_gifford

how did you go with the winsock error. i have the same problem right now on a new PC running 1.31.