Light-O-Rama Forums

Photo Gallery, Wish List

TJ Hvasta

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a Photo Gallery to show how you did it? Either in User Profile or Topic/Folder

• Yes
    • No

With the number of ideas and items that users have built, is there a PhotoGallery feature available to the forum? Either as part of a user profile, or just make a Photos Topic/Folder. It would probably save searching thru threads for specific photos to illustrate a point of construction, etc..

• Like 1

Tuts are good.. but the Gallery could include pix of stuff we see at other displays, whether static or lit..

ex: a friend of ours sent this to us last year.. the wife wanted one so took several months but we found a mannequin to build one just like it for the yard.. pix such as this would give you an idea just to make one.. If we hadnt seen this, we'd never get the idea

I like the idea just like Jeff's checklist thread. The more information you have up front in its own area, the easier it is for new and old to find and learn. What I would like to see on your How I did it thread to start is your talking Skulls!

TJ does the Halloween forum have a size or maximum allowed megabyte cap? I know of a few that do that as well, and Im sure the server costs quite a bit of coin.

As well your next in flight video, I dont know if you like the song by "Sail" Awolnation. You sir have an awesome job, hats off to ya Matey thar be good sailin in them skys

Thanks Bill, yep, I have seen that flying video with the Sail music clip. that guy flies for Avianca. He uses the GoPro.. its on my list of things to get.. its a terrific camera.. takes superb HD video. Making that video was fun.. I'm collecting more video and stills to make my next one.

I dont know how much storage would be needed, or an amount to start with. How many users are there? How many would make or use an album with.. maybe 100mb?

100 meg should be more than enough, as a Jpg's do not require much space on a small scale 100 meg would allow hundreds if not thousands of pictures, gifs, and diagrams.

And get to work compiling that video!

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked