Light-O-Rama Forums
Don

When Is The Sale? - Discussion Thread

And for me, the waiting is driving me crazy(ier).

Ordered Sunday morning, no Try for Free, and nothing has shipped - yet.

Keep checking the Yahoo Tracking site several times a day, but nothing ever changes. Shows order, no tracking#.

Sigh.

Edited by mmaness

mmaness,

What did you say your ordered? Wonder if one of the items is not just yet available?

mmaness,

What did you say your ordered? Wonder if one of the items is not just yet available?

Three CCBs, two CCPs.

I'm in the same boat as you mmaness, order placed shortly after sale started and did not participate in the Try For Free and I haven't heard a word as of yet:( I only ordered two controllers.

Edited by bgwyn

Guest wbottomley

First... it was griping about when the sale would start to now... why haven't you shipped my stuff. And, the sale is not over.

Let's take a chill pill and wait a few more days. Dan assured everyone that non-try for free orders would go out first.

I don't think anyone is complaining. Some people have commented they have received their shipping conformations and others have not. Just people trying to estimate about when they might receive their special packages. Kinda like Christmas right??? Only 136 til Christmas.....compared to I will receive my LOR controllers in ???? of days. It's all good and fun!!!

Edited by bgwyn

First... it was griping about when the sale would start to now... why haven't you shipped my stuff. And, the sale is not over.

Let's take a chill pill and wait a few more days. Dan assured everyone that non-try for free orders would go out first.

No chill pill needed. Just wondering when it'll ship because others have received their orders, and yet others have received notifications. I'm not worried .. my order is in and know I'll get it.

Kinda hard to believe .. the long awaited CCBs are almost here. It's been a long, long wait - just gotta wait a little longer. ;)

• Like 1

Guest wbottomley

It took over a year for those CCB's to hit the market. Could a person say they are jail broke? :P

Ordered two CCBs, a DC controller and yesterday I bit the bullet and ordered a CCR. Also upgraded to S3 advanced and Superstar. Did the TryForFree deal on the CCBs so I don't expect tracking info on them for a while but I have already gotten tracking info on the DC controller. Already saving up for another CCR and AC controller for the spring 2013 sale. Yes, I'm addicted and haven't even done my first display yet!

Well, this is telling: on Aug 5th (Sunday a week ago), I ordered three CCBs and two CCPs. After reviewing my needs this year, on Aug 10th (Friday) I ordered another controller kit so I'd have a spare. I got notification while ago that the controller kit has shipped, but the CCBs and CCPs have not yet shipped.

I'm thinking (and I'm not very good at thinking - causes me to have a headache) that the CCBs and CCPs are not quite ready for shipment, yet. They're in the sale, yes, but not ready to ship.

Update: Sent in a question to LOR asking if the CCBs/CCPs were delayed. Got a response from Chuck Smith saying that Try For Free items would be delayed up to 8 weeks. WTF? I didn't do this as a Try For Free and said so in my question.

Guest wbottomley

Send an email to Mary: orders@lightorama.com or Dan: dan@lightorama.com

EDIT: I just got an email stating the sale runs through midnight, August 15.

Edited by wbottomley

Ok, got to say this. You can say you heard it here first. Referring to an earlier post of mine. Both about the delay for the TFF and the "something is not quit ready for shipment yet". Seems that actions, or should we say lack of action is proving me out.

That is all

Guess I need to write a disclaimer here .. although I hesitate. Everytime I write a disclaimer about a previous post, some troll comes along and has his say.

That being said, let it be known that I am NOT complaining. I just have a question. That's all. I dealt with 'another company' for the first 2 years of doing this. I got fed up with them, switched to LOR, and haven't looked back. LOR is Light Years ahead of anyone else. Better prices, better service, and their stuff works!

So I am not complaining. I'm just wondering if my order got twisted to the side because I specified my work address instead of my home address .. but paid with a Visa card. If that's the case, I'll fix that right up. Work address is better because packages have come up missing in my area a time or three, although our stuff has always been left alone (think it's kids having little else to do during the afternoons).

And, since CCBs are a new product, I can see them perhaps taking a little longer to be shipped .. but no one has officially said that. So .. I'm just trying to figure all this out.

• Like 1

i wanted to say the LOR is the fastest i ever seen. Ordered from sale on sunday, got order today. no express shipping. great great service for it to be a sale.

I know several people have said to be patient but I couldn't stand it anymore since people were receiving their orders and I hadn't. I called LOR and asked about my order and yes they received my order but the paperwork had been misplaced. They apologized and sent my order out today with tracking number and all. Woot!! Thank you to everyone who posted when they received their orders otherwise I would still be waiting and waiting and waiting.....just wished I had called last week. Thank you to LOR for correcting the problem so quickly.

Always a day late and a dollar short. I need to order a few controllers and wireless receivers and just found out about the sale now. I need to start planning this stuff sooner!

Just curious...when will we find out if our order was free or not?

I was wondering the exact same thing, When we find out if our order is free or not....... :rolleyes:

Just curious...when will we find out if our order was free or not?

I was wondering the exact same thing, When we find out if our order is free or not....... :rolleyes:

From the flyer.

If you are a winner then once your order ships we will notify you that your order is a TryForFree winner and we will provide you with a full refund up to $1,500.00. This includes shipping and handling charges on both domestic and international orders.

cant get any response from lor about my 3 orders ive called left messages and went to help desk are they that far behind in sending orders my order was made on 8-8 2012 when they had sale anyone else had this problem?

Guest wbottomley

ok well then i guess i wait lol at least they could tell me that or return call

From the Try For Free page, here's what it said...

If you use the TryForFree promotion, the shipping of your order will be delayed 8 weeks or less.
Edited by wbottomley

but my question is why isnt it showing up on my credit card do they not charge until actually before they ship the merchandise?