Light-O-Rama Forums

When Is The Sale? - Discussion Thread

Don

Don...that doesn't make much sense, but I guess I will roll with the flow and figure it out as I go unless someone else has a better explanation. I don't think you delay your shipment to get something free. It would make more sense that Dan delays the shipments so he can mail your free controller with your ordered items if you win and save himself shipping costs. My question is how do you win?....When are the winner's announced? And what do you win?? (I just assumed controllers were the prize but I'm not sure) Oh and if you sign up for the give away approximately how long is your order delayed? Thank you for filling in a newbie:)

sorry newbie could someone tell me what this is thanks.

Most summers LOR has a sale. If you sign up for notifications you will be notified when the sale will start.

OMG......thanks guys for the clarification. Sounds like the Summer Sale is really super spectacular......SWEEEEET! It sucks that I won't be able to participate.....I need 2 more controllers before Halloween and can't wait:(

OMG......thanks guys for the clarification. Sounds like the Summer Sale is really super spectacular......SWEEEEET! It sucks that I won't be able to participate.....I need 2 more controllers before Halloween and can't wait:(

Whenever I bought from the TryForFree sale previously, items always shipped within 6 weeks (usually even before 4). I wouldn't expect a problem receiving them in time, especially since you are just ordering a basic item like controllers (rather than a new item like pixels or something).

• Like 1

Thanks Surf but goodness I'm not sure if I can take that chance and disappoint my entire community and all the kids who are so excited about our 1st animated display.....what to do...what to do???

Thanks Surf but goodness I'm not sure if I can take that chance and disappoint my entire community and all the kids who are so excited about our 1st animated display.....what to do...what to do???

2010 was my first year ordering during the sale. They had figured everything would ship within 10 weeks. Two of the boards were the new DC quick connect boards, it was about 12 weeks when I got them, but still in time for Halloween. With sale starting at beginning of August, you'll want to know the expected ship time with some extra cushion before making your decission. While your waiting, you can still sequence and put element together.

Guest wbottomley

I'm not sure if I can take that chance and disappoint my entire community and all the kids who are so excited about our 1st animated display.....what to do...what to do???

They don't know what they're missing because they have never seen it before.

LOL...you are very wrong. We showed a few friends what we have been working on in our shop and now the whole town knows. EVERYONE can't wait until Halloween we are told...LOL. Got to love small towns!

Husband added 8 more circuits to our home so that won't happen....LOL. We bought plenty of back up lighting and plan to have a backup controller just in case. Reading all the LOR posts sure have helped us get ready and we have met a lot of new friends:)

Husband added 8 more circuits to our home so that won't happen....LOL. We bought plenty of back up lighting and plan to have a backup controller just in case. Reading all the LOR posts sure have helped us get ready and we have met a lot of new friends:)

First, let me say the most important part of this post.... Another girl on the forum... yippee!!!

Now on to the sale/try for free discussion... Buffy, (do you mind if I call you that rather than 'bgwyn'?) you might consider breaking up your order. Order oll the essential, must-haves for Halloween. And then have a second "try for free" order for non-essentials, like your back-up controller. Something to think about...

Wait a minute. What am I doing encouraging people to place "try for free" orders??? That just reduces my chance of winning! :o :o

P.S. I miss the old 'shocked' emoticon from the last forum. The big eyes popping out really looked far more 'shocked' than this one. But I am more than happy to trade the better shocked emoticon for being able to read the forum easily on my phone. :) Maybe I will need to switch to :wacko: or :blink: for 'shocked'.

• Like 1

2010 was my first year ordering during the sale. They had figured everything would ship within 10 weeks. Two of the boards were the new DC quick connect boards, it was about 12 weeks when I got them, but still in time for Halloween. With sale starting at beginning of August, you'll want to know the expected ship time with some extra cushion before making your decission. While your waiting, you can still sequence and put element together.

The DC QC boards were a different story. They warned that they would take longer to ship since they were a new item and were still being manufactured. So their sale was more of a "pre-sale" per se. I ordered stuff in that sale also, including the new DC QC boards. My regular controllers shipped within a few weeks, and the DC boards came later from what I recall.

OK, I might have exaggerated a bit. But not to far off. Hey Lori, I was doing my part to try to scare a few off of trying the Try for Free. ;)

Thanks Lori that is a great idea to split up my order. And yes, please call me Buffy. That is my real name....my mother did too many drugs in the 60's...LOL. She hates that joke:)