Light-O-Rama Forums

When Is The Sale? - Discussion Thread

Don

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question expecting people to foresee the future but I was wondering if in the past Summer Sales, they have had starter kits as part of the sale or is it for individual components only.

Reason I ask is because I am keen to get into this Lightorama thing but haven't ordered a starter package yet and have been waiting for the much talked about Sale. However, I notice that the starter kits are somewhat reduced anyway in that the software is discounted as part of the package and so I wondered therefore whether they tended not to be part of the sale.

A few years ago the answer to this was Yes, the starter package by that I mean 1 controller, 1 cable, 1 USB PC adapter, 1 Basic license was indeed a part of the sale. This is how I initially got started, I happened on the sale in July of 2008 and I bought a starter package. Have kept buying ever since.

One of the above reply's talked about how great Dan's stuff is and may not need a sale, I completely agree with that statement, sure I don't mind spending a bit less on what I need, and yes, the better the discount the more pieces I'm likely to buy. What I really need though is to see the RGB Bulbs/Pixels at the online store, I've seen similar products elsewhere but, I really prefer to stick the native LOR networking and interface. I can, but I don't want to have to figure out dealing with a DMX interface. So please Dan, update your store so I can buy a couple of sets of your RGB Bulb.

Thanks

EdP,

Thanks for that.

Will try and hold out until the sale but finding the wait a little difficult. July is soon running out and Xmas is getting closer everyday and I'm expecting it to be a bit of a slow learning curve for me getting to grips with all this tech. So every day counts I guess especially if I want to have something up and running this year.

I will try and be patient...... :-)

I can't take it.....start the sale already. The March sale almost killed me but I got my controllers. Now I need two more....hehehhe. Hello my name is Buffy and I am a newbie who is addicted!

• Like 1

I found something nifty out on this thread http://forums.lighto...3-lor-for-sale/

Some of the sale information is there.

I originally supposed that I think what they were doing was adding a 1 before the .html, but I now realized that they were going to the march mad grab sale. From there you can see what the sale prices will be for the summer sale. Link here: http://store.lightor...secretsale.html

I found 4 unopened PC-CTB16PC Card Complete units on ebay for $200 each. Since information about the summer sale seems to be all speculation, I jumped at the deal. I did not expand my display last year because I waited too long for the sale. This year I am not going to wait. I am going to find the best deal I can and get what I need.

Probably not a bad idea since there is no official hint of a summer sale here lately.

I saw that auction: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=230824199769 Seemed like a decent bargain at $202.25 each, but his shipping seemed high.

I found 4 unopened PC-CTB16PC Card Complete units on ebay for $200 each. Since information about the summer sale seems to be all speculation, I jumped at the deal. I did not expand my display last year because I waited too long for the sale. This year I am not going to wait. I am going to find the best deal I can and get what I need.

I decided to call light o Rama and inquire about the summer sale. I spoke with a very nice lady, and she reassured me that the summer sale definitely will happen, that they are working on it right now. she did not know if it would happen in july or when exactly. Come on sale I need 9 controllers

Dan Barks

sorry newbie could someone tell me what this is thanks.

Well Dan, when something usually cost lets say 100 bucks and then the store says we will let you have it for 90 bucks for a few days so act now. That is called a sale. LOR usually has what they call their summer sale. Alot of us have been waiting for Dan et all to announce the date of the summer sale. And Dan just posted a few hours ago in the Announcement section that they dont have the actual date as of yet, but it will be next week.

Whats different about the summer sale, versus the spring sale is that all of their inventory is going to be discounted, but just not as deep as the spring sale. But the Spring sale is also limited to certain items. Again everything is on sale during the summer sale.

I am new too so what is this try for free????

This ....

You try to get your order for free by delaying shipment.

Dan and any other newbie,

I dont remember all of the details, but for what I do remember. First you deside what you are going to buy. During the ordering process you can check off "Try for free". The down side is that your order along with anyone else trying the "Try for Free" will be the last ones to ship out. Now those who are not wanting to try this will go to the top of the line to get shipped out right away. Dan and crew will pull out some order numbers and I think there have been what about 5 or 10 winners. Now there is a dollar limit and I am thinking (Dont quote) about $2000.00 USD. Good luck to all of those of you who try this. BTW if my memory serves me correctly. I think some where waiting till early to mid November to get their orders. Something to think about.

• Like 1