Light-O-Rama Forums
Don

When Is The Sale? - Discussion Thread

I found 4 unopened PC-CTB16PC Card Complete units on ebay for $200 each. Since information about the summer sale seems to be all speculation, I jumped at the deal. I did not expand my display last year because I waited too long for the sale. This year I am not going to wait. I am going to find the best deal I can and get what I need.

Probably not a bad idea since there is no official hint of a summer sale here lately.

I saw that auction: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=230824199769 Seemed like a decent bargain at $202.25 each, but his shipping seemed high.

I found 4 unopened PC-CTB16PC Card Complete units on ebay for $200 each. Since information about the summer sale seems to be all speculation, I jumped at the deal. I did not expand my display last year because I waited too long for the sale. This year I am not going to wait. I am going to find the best deal I can and get what I need.

Shipping did seem a little high, but it arrived in 2 days.

I decided to call light o Rama and inquire about the summer sale. I spoke with a very nice lady, and she reassured me that the summer sale definitely will happen, that they are working on it right now. she did not know if it would happen in july or when exactly. Come on sale I need 9 controllers

Sale is next week...Dan updated in the official Thread! Whoot!

that's awesome, I need 9 controller so I can't wait

Guest wbottomley

You try to get your order for free by delaying shipment.

Dan Barks

sorry newbie could someone tell me what this is thanks.

Well Dan, when something usually cost lets say 100 bucks and then the store says we will let you have it for 90 bucks for a few days so act now. That is called a sale. LOR usually has what they call their summer sale. Alot of us have been waiting for Dan et all to announce the date of the summer sale. And Dan just posted a few hours ago in the Announcement section that they dont have the actual date as of yet, but it will be next week.

Whats different about the summer sale, versus the spring sale is that all of their inventory is going to be discounted, but just not as deep as the spring sale. But the Spring sale is also limited to certain items. Again everything is on sale during the summer sale.

I am new too so what is this try for free????

This ....

You try to get your order for free by delaying shipment.

Guest wbottomley

They are selling a wiggle pin for a wobble shaft 1/2 price.

Dan and any other newbie,

I dont remember all of the details, but for what I do remember. First you deside what you are going to buy. During the ordering process you can check off "Try for free". The down side is that your order along with anyone else trying the "Try for Free" will be the last ones to ship out. Now those who are not wanting to try this will go to the top of the line to get shipped out right away. Dan and crew will pull out some order numbers and I think there have been what about 5 or 10 winners. Now there is a dollar limit and I am thinking (Dont quote) about $2000.00 USD. Good luck to all of those of you who try this. BTW if my memory serves me correctly. I think some where waiting till early to mid November to get their orders. Something to think about.

• Like 1

Don...that doesn't make much sense, but I guess I will roll with the flow and figure it out as I go unless someone else has a better explanation. I don't think you delay your shipment to get something free. It would make more sense that Dan delays the shipments so he can mail your free controller with your ordered items if you win and save himself shipping costs. My question is how do you win?....When are the winner's announced? And what do you win?? (I just assumed controllers were the prize but I'm not sure) Oh and if you sign up for the give away approximately how long is your order delayed? Thank you for filling in a newbie:)

Most summers LOR has a sale. If you sign up for notifications you will be notified when the sale will start.

OMG......thanks guys for the clarification. Sounds like the Summer Sale is really super spectacular......SWEEEEET! It sucks that I won't be able to participate.....I need 2 more controllers before Halloween and can't wait:(

OMG......thanks guys for the clarification. Sounds like the Summer Sale is really super spectacular......SWEEEEET! It sucks that I won't be able to participate.....I need 2 more controllers before Halloween and can't wait:(

Whenever I bought from the TryForFree sale previously, items always shipped within 6 weeks (usually even before 4). I wouldn't expect a problem receiving them in time, especially since you are just ordering a basic item like controllers (rather than a new item like pixels or something).

• Like 1

Thanks Surf but goodness I'm not sure if I can take that chance and disappoint my entire community and all the kids who are so excited about our 1st animated display.....what to do...what to do???

Thanks Surf but goodness I'm not sure if I can take that chance and disappoint my entire community and all the kids who are so excited about our 1st animated display.....what to do...what to do???

2010 was my first year ordering during the sale. They had figured everything would ship within 10 weeks. Two of the boards were the new DC quick connect boards, it was about 12 weeks when I got them, but still in time for Halloween. With sale starting at beginning of August, you'll want to know the expected ship time with some extra cushion before making your decission. While your waiting, you can still sequence and put element together.