Light-O-Rama Forums

When Is The Sale? - Discussion Thread

Don

A thread to discuss/muse/wonder/pontificate the LOR Summer Sale. When will it be? What will be on sale? When will it be? Discuss them all here.

Edit: All previous Summer Sale threads have been consolidated here.

Edited by LORAdmin
Consolidation Info

Maybe there won't be one this year....(cue scary music)

In that case,

For Sale 1 controller for 1 billion dollars! -{insert evil laugh}-

• Like 1

For some reason I can not copy the shortcut but there is a new thread about the sale in "Imporant announcements" section.

Hey, no one said the Summer Sale is in North America's Summer.. jus' sayin' :)

It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?

I hate to be "Dr. Killjoy" but rather than speculate on it, I'm going to sit back and wait for Dan to announce it :)

• Like 1

Where's the sale? Who's got the sale? When's the sale? Got to get the sale! Aw come on, give me the Sale! Where's the sale? and so on and so on.

Bet Dan is sitting back laughing at the antics going on about the sale.

i guess we will know via notice IF it happens. Last year there was no summer sale (except a couple of controllers). A sale is a sale and it up to LOR if and when they have a sale.

Last year there was a summer sale which was staggered over a month, offering a couple of products every week, also when the new PC controllers came out they were at a reduced introductory price

Hey what are you guys complaining about...... the sale happened and as any woman would do, I was there and I bought everything!! So don't worry about it, it already happened and its all gone. LOL

• Like 1

i guess we will know via notice IF it happens. Last year there was no summer sale (except a couple of controllers). A sale is a sale and it up to LOR if and when they have a sale.

This is true. But it's also up to the company to advise if there is NOT a sale for respect to their loyal customers that are accustomed to the past history of sales (except for last year, which was a complete turn around from all those previous years). I am a devoted fan to LOR but I'm wondering if they've grown so big that they scramble to know what they have or will have to even have a sale. Last year showed that. Although it might have been due to a vendor problem, the same could be true for this year.

Again, nothing against Dan or LOR. This is not a slam against them. But it's a new day versus a couple years ago. The bigger you get, the more complicated it can be, relying on other companies/vendors/contractors to come thru for a finished product.

I will always purchase my lighting equipment from Dan and LOR because they provide great service and great products. But I won't hold my breath for a sale.

Just my thoughts.

Tom

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question expecting people to foresee the future but I was wondering if in the past Summer Sales, they have had starter kits as part of the sale or is it for individual components only.

Reason I ask is because I am keen to get into this Lightorama thing but haven't ordered a starter package yet and have been waiting for the much talked about Sale. However, I notice that the starter kits are somewhat reduced anyway in that the software is discounted as part of the package and so I wondered therefore whether they tended not to be part of the sale.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question expecting people to foresee the future but I was wondering if in the past Summer Sales, they have had starter kits as part of the sale or is it for individual components only.

Reason I ask is because I am keen to get into this Lightorama thing but haven't ordered a starter package yet and have been waiting for the much talked about Sale. However, I notice that the starter kits are somewhat reduced anyway in that the software is discounted as part of the package and so I wondered therefore whether they tended not to be part of the sale.

Usually the starter packages I assume you are referring to are not specifically in the sale, but you can accomplish the same thing by adding the Generic Starter Package onto whatever controllers you purchase. Therefore usually best to get a sale controller and add your own starter package.

SPK-ST Generic Starter Package

http://store.lightorama.com/spk800.html

Usually the starter packages I assume you are referring to are not specifically in the sale, but you can accomplish the same thing by adding the Generic Starter Package onto whatever controllers you purchase. Therefore usually best to get a sale controller and add your own starter package.

SPK-ST Generic Starter Package

http://store.lightorama.com/spk800.html

Ok, great. Thats a good idea. Thanks for the info.